Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default First Run of 2011 - FINALLY! Pics

Last year my first outing was June 26, 2011. Same this year! It was a beautiful sunny morning, had just finished up the ballast project but wasn't dewinterized yet. It was starting to get a little overcast so I told the kids - "we can clean up the boat and make it all nice or we can go out for a test run."

"TEST RUN DAD!!!!"

So did the DIY Dewinterize in the driveway, hooked up the fake-a-lake and fired right up. All looked good so we packed up headed for the launch. The river has dropped 4-5 ft so it's getting better here. Water temp was about 60.6 a few feet down. 62 right on the surface.

The water is still high though! This is the first time I've parallel parked on a beach instead of a dock. Prop and rudder weren't touching at all.

There were still a few small pieces of debris floating downstream we had to watch out for...

Everything worked great - couple issues with the ballast wiring and a few drips I posted about already. But all in all a good first run of the year. Ready to go again now!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

So happy to be out on the water. It's actually starting to feel like summer around here. If you look closely that's Mount Hood in the background. Easier to see when the sun's shining.

Warming up the water...

This guy and his gal pulled up to load the same time as I did.

Check out what he's pulling that monster with!

I had to ask him about it. Twin blown big blocks, boat weighs over 10,000lbs and about 1,000lbs tongue weight but the truck hardly squats.

Yes, that's a Dakota with the little 318 and 182k miles on it. He said he's only going about 15 miles up the road and goes pretty slow. And YES he already knows it's not a good idea... But it works for short trips.

i dont understand how he can afford a boat like that but cant afford a proper tow vehicle. you need a 3/4 or 1 ton truck for that boat easy.

and 60.6 degrees??? are you crazy?????!!!!???!!!!
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

welcome to the rest of the world rd...
    not all of us are lucky enough to have 80deg water almost year round

lake here is at 57. prob won't hit 60 until mid july..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

and 60.6 degrees??? are you crazy?????!!!!???!!!!
    Anything less than that and I'll need a wetsuit. Come on up and go boating early in our season - we'll make a man outta ya!

I was actually surprised it was that uh, warm already.

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    welcome to the rest of the world rd...
    not all of us are lucky enough to have 80deg water almost year round

lake here is at 57. prob won't hit 60 until mid july..
    in march we went out for the first time this year and the lake was about 67-68 and i just about froze my ass off.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    in march we went out for the first time this year and the lake was about 67-68 and i just about froze my ass off.
    my lake still frozen in april lol.. Coldest I've ever boarded in was 54 degrees.. Hit the water and lost my breath was soo cold.. Finally got used to it about 10 min later.. After a couple hours on the board I couldn't hold myself up anymore called it quits.. Jumped back in thee boat and body was a purplish blue color.. Not my brightest idea

Cool

67-68 thats bath water to us Northerners. We usually start the season in 50 degree water. Already up to 59-60 though. 70-74 if we are lucky and we have a warm summer.

I start in Drysuit, now into wetsuits,shortly /HOPEFULLY just shorts and vest.

I skied in 87 degree water after it had supposedly cooled down already in Florida last summer and it was Not refreshing at all. Too warm for my liking actually.
    07 Outback DD

Nice, we were out this weekend as well. Spent Saturday evening on Hagg Lake and then took on the River on Sunday. Put in at Fred's Marina along HWY 30 and then drove around to Hayden Island area and just putted around. There was some debris we had to watch out for, but all in all it was a fun day. The current was ripping pretty strong through the marinas in the Hayden Island area.

The weather hasn't been great, but we've been doing our best to get time on the water at least a couple times a week. Hagg tomorrow (if not raining), and then for the weekend as well.
    Derek & Poppy
    2010 Mobius LSV Sandrock/Fossil
    Gravity III ballast, wake plate, Z5, LEDs from Oznium (cup holders, helm, transom)
    Exile SX65M Cabin Speakers w/ Exile XM 15.4
    Exile SXT9Q Tower Speakers w/ Exile XM 30.2
    Exile 12" sub w/ XM12.1
    Exile ZLD MKII