Default Want ballast bags for a 98 outback

I am kind of new (about a year) to all this wakeboarding and boating in general. I bought a 98 outback last year (which I love) and am interested in getting some ballast bags for it. When I purchased it, it had about 300 pounds of sand in the rear seat which is still in there. I would like to remove the sand and add some bags if I can. Who makes good bags that are hidden under seats and other places. I know nothing about them and am going to try and do some reaserching on the internet but I thought I would ask the question here also. Does anyone have a 98 Outback with bags in it? If so what kind?

Just a few other questions that come to mind while I am thinking about it. My Outback is 21'. Are all Outback's the same size? Is the basic shape and interior the same from year to year? See where I am going with this? If someone has some for another year would the same thing fit in mine?

Why can't I find any information on the Moomba website that dates back past 2000? Where can I get owners manuals and all of that stuff for my year.

Any info would be great.
    Thanks!

Hey Chutch, I also have a '98- mine is called the Mobius, but it is the same as outback, I think it is the first year the mobius name was used, I think it was one of the first with the tower. the actual boat specs on sticker by the throttle say "outback". I believe the boat is actually 21'-6". I imagine someone filled your seat bottoms with sand. Originally I thought about trying to improvise hidden ballast under seat as you but soon found my 15-16 yr. old son was quickly looking for larger wake so we began purchasing "phat-sacs"... It is a hassle when your hauling over 3-4 people as seating becomes a big issue. plus floor space is history. When we are wakeboarding we are now running 2- 400lb sacs plus an occasional 250 lb on the side to off-set driver wait when I'm pulling him alone. Eventually if God allows we will get a V-drive which will have hidden sacs, more seating/floor space plus auto fill ballast! This is by far the nicest "ski-boat" I have ever owned, (first inboard) we do dearly love it and have had many hours of pleasure from it since Christmas '06 (300+ hrs...)
    As long as my son deals with the filling and emptying sacs, I can live with it, when we have a larger crew than my immediate 4 we just load the back with people and somtimes thro a 400 lb sac in center behind engine cowl for good measure. I did get an owners manual with mine so if you have any specific things will be glad to copy portions and send it to you. Anyway God Bless, and be safe ! let me know if I can be of any help, bob

Thanks Bob! I will let you know if I need to know something from the manual. That will come in handy.

What kind of Phat Sacks are you using? Does it take long to fill them?

I have a pair of 400 lb factory sacs for $225 shipped.

I have a 97 Outback, which is similar to yours, but I believe the rear seats are a bit different.

Fat sacks are the way to go. It really depends on how large you want the wake, but one in the back and one in the front walk way / bow will be a good start. I'd look into these bags: http://www.wakeside.com/product/boat...erless+2008.do. You get two 350lb bags for about $100. You can then get the Uber pump, which has the quick connect fitting to match the bags, but it takes a while to fill the bags. If you don't want to sit around waiting, pick up one of these: http://www.wakeside.com/product/boat...t+pump+2008.do. This pump is a beast and pushes a lot of water.

As your wake needs get bigger, just keep adding bags. I run a 500lb in the front walkway, a 350lb on each side of the engine, and a 300lb in the back. With that much weight, the wake is pretty sick. Just be careful when you start weighting the boat - it is really easy to take water over the bow in rough water. These boats have a small freeboard, and sacking them out really drops them low in the water.
    07 Supra 21v

Ok I have a question to add to this.... I saw online that fat sac make a front bow bag Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/Pro-X-Series-Int...2em118Q2el1247

Does any one know if this will fit in a 2000 Outback?
    Thanks