Thread: Walk thru

Default Walk thru

Ok... so i have been searching for walkthru and windblock.. only one thread on the matter from 05 that I could find... and a guy had some pics in his profile on it.. but not there anymore... anyone thats active out there have a walkthru wind block or some photos ... going to make one given that sept and oct here can get a tad cold, just figured I would get some ideas or avoid any hassles on this one...

found this on google.. but some pics would have been nice ???
    http://www.wakesiderides.com/moomba/...cle.php?id=145

Quote Originally Posted by gcombe74 View Post
    given that sept and oct here can get a tad cold, just figured I would get some ideas or avoid any hassles on this one...
    i agree pics would be nice. we usually leave the bow cover on in the winter. i too am interested in getting a walk though cover, keeps the wind down in the cockpit at other times. i was in the process of buiidng one for our old boat, but we upgraded to the LSV, i haven't got into this project yet.

I figured if it is cold enough to cover the walk thru then it is too cold for someone to sit up front so I use the bow cover. We got caught in a rain storm on my last camping trip and I had three kids under the bow cover with the heater on to stay dry and warm. I just pretend it's a closed bow boat.

Sled491 Guest

I'm with Zabooda on this. But if you don't like that answer, my buddy has an 06 outback with the windblock. There is nothing more to it than 3 snaps down each side of the walk through and a rectangle piece of vinyl with three female snaps and thats it. Oh ya there are 3 snaps accross the bottom of the center windshield section. I did notice that the vinyl pc was some how insulated but I don't see how that would be all that important.

Ditto, with Sled and Zabooda, except mine is made from the matching canvas color of the cockpit covers. Not insulated though, used it last night, works great.

I will show pics when i get i can.
    mine was about 50.00 from my dealer custom canvas shop.
    Last edited by jmvotto; 08-01-2008 at 06:41 AM.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Ditto, with Sled and Zabooda, except mine is made from the matching canvas color of the cockpit covers. Not insulated though, used it last night, works great.

I will show pics when i get i can.
    mine was about 50.00 from my dealer custom canvas shop.
    I really want to get a "platinum" bow cover to make the boat look like a closed bow. I'd say I leave the bow cover on about 85% of the time we are on the boat. Only really take it off when we anchor at the sand bar
    2013 Outback V

Sled491 Guest

Funny I was thinking of getting a yellow one made to give my boat more color.

here are the pics of the canvas wind blocker,
    three snaps acroos the top to the walk thru window, three down each side toward the ski locker , none on the floor. works great. easy fix for cold days and cool nights.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold