Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Wakesurfing can be expensive but it's WAY more expensive here in Canada.

For example my 2008 Outback V was $50K and my pahse5 drew daniello pro wakesurf board was $800.

Prices here are totally insane.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Goose,
    You guys get the raw end of the deal.. For the longest time, the currency was weak so everything was 20-30% higher than US.. Now Can$ is stronger than US and you STILL pay the price!

I work for a Mfg of Hunting prods and shipping to Canada can be a booger..
    As long as you don't live in Quebec.. HA.. ( we struggle with the bi-lingual pkg!!)
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

I wanted black and I went to a dealer in Dallas who gave me a price of $54000. I found mine for alot less and I am so glad its white. Easy to keep clean with kids...lol. I am in Weatherford on a job but hope to get back to Austin after the new year. Good spots up here though. I have heard of a place south of Weatherford on the Brazos that everyone says is one of the best spots to surf and wakeboard.

OUCH!!!! I stand corrected. You do have it worse.

irish - Very nice boat. Bit different than sailing. We have an Outback on a small lake in southern Wisconsin. I came from the Nautique world and wanted a pure ski boat. Also pull wakeboarders and tubers behind our Outback. Heck, I'll pull just about anything as long as someone's having fun. Hoping to wakesurf this summer. Welcome to the Moomba family -- and power boating! - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Irish,
    Welcome to the Tribe. Very nice boat. Life is expensive and you might as well have some fun along the way. We plan on are spending our children's inheritance.
    It goes way deaper than an addiction. Hard to explain it.
    Is there a Mrs. Irish? Have her sign up. Never thought I'd be boating, camping and talking with people on line. Kaneboats still has a hope that I will wakeboard, surf or something, but I really have no desire. I am just along for the ride, to drive and watch my kids. Nothing like the grin of a 10 year old who jumps the wake, gets air and sticks the landing. And the screams of the siblings watching her are pretty cool as well.
    Also, you should try to come to the get togethers. They are fun and you'll meet a lot of nice people. There is always something to learn from someone.
    Again, welcome.

Mrs. Kane
    I thought our last boat was our "last boat". Who am I kidding?

I've been trying to make a trip out to the Brazos, it's supposed to be killer. We have some really good spots here in Austin too. During the week, we will ride Lake Austin. If I go out on a weekend we go down to the Perd.

Sled491 Guest

Irish, great looking boat! Wakesufing is the bomb! I have always been a hardcore skier. My wife skiis, my 8 yr old has been on slalom for 2 summers now and I'll start working on my 6 yr old next yr. But for fathers day I got a wakesurf board. I have a friend with a big SUpra and 1900lbs ballast. I don't put any hours on my 07 anymore because I'm always surfing behind his now....well almost

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrofoiljunky View Post
    They had a Ronix stage board. Looked like a nice board to learn on. Wide footprint and fairly long board. I've never wakesurfed b4, has anyone ridden this board? How is it? If I get good enough can I spin this one? Or do you have to get like a Hyperlite custom or sumpin in order to spin it. thanks ya'll
    I got a Ronix Stage from WaterskiBoats Dallas earlier this summer. The Stage is a great beginners board. I had never really surfed before, tried a couple of times, but no success until riding the Stage. I would not recomend the stage for anyone anticipating spins. I expect that I will be getting a shorter, faster board next summer for my daughter and I. We are coming close to mastering what we can within the limits of the Stage. I would, however, recomend the Stage as a first surf board for anyone. Very, very easy to ride, even with my 230lbs on it. Riding my Stage is a great way to kinda wind down after a day of wakeboarding.
    www.louisianawakeboarding.com

2004 LSV
    Perfect Pass, Integrated ballast (front, rear, middle), Wake Plate, Tower mounted bimini, Swivel board racks, Surf board rack, Tower mounted mirror, Keel guard, 4 tower speakers, 12" sub, 2 amps, transom remote, Bow filler cushion, and the list continues to grow.

K E N
    Thanks for info on the stage.. I was looking at them the other day and could find NO info on them..
    I finally got a good free ride this weekend on my LF Venture. We sacked out the boat good and put 2 gals upfront and got a great wave @ 9.8 mph..
    Got a longer wave with the wakeplate all the way down.. interesting..
    Up was bigger but not as long.. I liked it much better... just not quite as much curl...

BW
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold