Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oj Vs. Acme

DG, your not really out of the woods yet. If your vibrations are on the top side you may indeed have some shaft issues from your little of course excursion. You might want to get a second prop from your dealer just to see if it is indeed the prop.
    Dance like nobody's watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlena View Post
    DG, your not really out of the woods yet. If your vibrations are on the top side you may indeed have some shaft issues from your little of course excursion. You might want to get a second prop from your dealer just to see if it is indeed the prop.
    I wish it was that easy.

My dealer is 350km away so it will have to wait till my next service.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

I notice no significant vibration with my OJ prop. Oh, now I'll really be looking for any little vibration. Darn it!.

I have prop cavitation noise with the OJ 466 when pulling out of the hole but goes away before I get on plane. My stock OJ 13.7 x 17.5 was noisey also but the 466 is more noticable. Interesting to hear the Acme 1235 is quiet. Also interesting to hear the 1235 pulls harder than the OJ of almost the same dia & pitch. Anyone else running the 1235 have the same results?

Lost a few mph on the top end but all we do is board or surf. RPM's run higher but you get on plane so much quicker, especially with ballast.

Yager97,

Sounds like you bought the OJ 466 which is correct for your boat.

I got the prop upgrade option on my '08 OBV which was an OJ. I took the boat in last week for 20hr service and asked them to lake test due to vibration & noise at 2,200 rpm. I picked the boat up this morning and they replaced the OJ with and ACME prop. The service department said that they had been having some problems with the OJ's on this boat. I'll llet you know if I see any big difference after this weekend.

Dropped the boat in earlier this afternoon with the new prop and immediately noticed a difference. The vibration was gone, much quieter ride and seemed to get up and move more quickly. I'm not sure what ACME prop this is, but will get the model from the dealer.