Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oj Vs. Acme

Default Oj Vs. Acme

Anybody have experience with both? And if so wich one do you like better? I can get an OJ for about $100 cheaper than the Acme. Is there a $100 dollar difference is my question I suppose. Thanks guy's

2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

DG,

What kind of prop did you just buy? It seems to me that you wrote in another post that you just bought a 14x14 to replace the one that your girlfriend "customized." Did you get an Acme or OJ? I have an OB V, and I was considering buying a wakeboard-oriented prop. I'll be interested in your feedback.

I have both for my 99 Mobius. The boat came with a 13x13 OJ Legend. I smacked it and my prop guy recommended an ACME so I would have two after the OJ was fixed. I can't tell the difference. Primarily slalom. I don't care about top end. And they both pull me out of the water with plenty of throttle left to spare...
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

dtlaine, ive got the wakeboard prop on the new boat-wow what a difference, getting on plane to run to the other end of the lake with the surfing ballast full is no problem. you will not be disapointed
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Sled491 Guest

DG, very interesting reading. Only problem I have with those comments is that they are 4 yrs old. I wonder what the status is now. I know on my Outback the stock CNC prop was the best prop I had (had because I hit an underwater stump). I am currently running a 4 blade stainless. It is OK but near as smooth as my OJ CNC was.

I have both. They are the exact same size. Bought the OJ as a spare after damaging the Acme. I can't tell the difference between the 2. I don't remeber the exact size but the Acme is the original one that came on my 07 LS.
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

i'm very interested in this as well, im looking to put a new prop on my 2003 mobius lsv, it has teh stock prop, i have no idea what it is, but it has a few knicks in it so it needs replacing. I have been recommended the OJ466 14.25 X 14 XMP 4 blade, anyone using this? Am I going to really notice a big difference with this prop? right now my boat is heavily weighted, 3000 pounds, and it is a slug to get out of the water, and we burn ridiculous amounts of gas.

Quote Originally Posted by dtlaine View Post
    DG,

What kind of prop did you just buy? It seems to me that you wrote in another post that you just bought a 14x14 to replace the one that your girlfriend "customized." Did you get an Acme or OJ? I have an OB V, and I was considering buying a wakeboard-oriented prop. I'll be interested in your feedback.

My new 14x14 is an OJ. It was taken off a brand new LSV and Moomba only uses the OJ props on their boats.

With 10 people in the boat it was effortless to plane. I would have stuggled to get up to speed with the stock prop.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

I have the OJ 466 14.25 x 14 on my 05 LSV. Huge difference in hole shot vs stock 13.7 x 17.5. Jumps right up on plane fully loaded. Kept the stock prop as a spare. When switching from boarding to surfing I have to be careful not to jerk my son off the surfboard.