Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to buy???

Cool What to buy???

Okay all you pro's, I am looking for a 750 LB square sack for the side of my LS. I have the standard Gravity 1 across the back seat 350LB I think and will add the 750 to whatever side will be surfed. What brand? what is a good price? and what kind of pump do I need to get? Help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bambam
    2008 Mobius LS

Treat others the way you want to be treated!

I use the Straight Line Launch Pad 725lb single with matching uber pump.

The link system works really well.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam26 View Post
    Okay all you pro's, I am looking for a 750 LB square sack for the side of my LS. I have the standard Gravity 1 across the back seat 350LB I think and will add the 750 to whatever side will be surfed. What brand? what is a good price? and what kind of pump do I need to get? Help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bambam
    bambam,

This is the sac you want:

http://www.wakeside.com/product/boat...ies+fat+sac.do

Seems like they are $150 anywhere you look, even on Ebay. Fly High must fix the price on these. You will sometimes find factory seconds for a bit less.

Don't know about the pump as mine is plumbed in.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I prefer the launch pad over the fat sac because it's really protected agains wear and tear since the ballast is protected by a cover.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Quote Originally Posted by deafgoose View Post
    I prefer the launch pad over the fat sac because it's really protected agains wear and tear since the ballast is protected by a cover.
    From the Fat Sac website:

"All of our Pro X Series Fat Sacs™ are constructed with a white water rafting material called Valmex. These sacs are unbelievably durable and no longer need the support of an outer shell."

These are the bags that Skier's Choice puts in their boats with the Gravity ballast systems. I have 6 of these bags in a variety of sizes and can attest to their toughness. It's also a lot easier to dry and roll them up for storage since you don't have to mess with an outer shell.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I think they all do the same thing. I use straight lines launch pads. The link system with the uber pump is a pretty slick system. Very clean, with little water spillage. I don't think you can go wrong with either.
    07 Mobius LS
    Drew

Well I went with the straight line launch pad 725 and the twin 85 straight line blocks and the uber pump. I will give this a try to start it was all under 200 bucks with all the items listed. I figure the blocks might be nice to balance the boat at times, has anyone been putting any weight in the rear storage area behind the bench seat in the LS model?
    2008 Mobius LS

Treat others the way you want to be treated!

bambam.
    From my Outback days, it was recommended not to put over about 100 lbs in the rear storage.. i pulled mine out once to work on fuel line.. I would not put any ballast there..
    If you need additional weight in the LS..put some in front of the motor (your 85's) or put matching sacks next to the motor box.. I am guessing you are hoping to keep some out of the floor..
    Surfing, you may want to put one of those 85's on the front seat...may help extend the wave a little..

Best,

BW
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Question

Quote Originally Posted by deafgoose View Post
    Do they fit on the seating well? I see that they are 16" wide. I want to put this on the left side of the boat on the seating. I'd hate to have it hanging off the side and potentially fall.

Quote Originally Posted by MeachDog View Post
    Do they fit on the seating well? I see that they are 16" wide. I want to put this on the left side of the boat on the seating. I'd hate to have it hanging off the side and potentially fall.
    I have not tried yet. It would hang off a little but I bet it would stay in place.

I just put it on the floor beside the seats on the left.