Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

to clarify; with my 5-7 year old cousins in the tube being towed from the tower we go about 7-10 miles per hour, don't want to toss the babies across the lake, lol.

When I am using my boat I tow tubers from the ski pylon.

Last weekend I was at my sisters cabin she has a Glastron I/O runabout. The only tow point is similar to our rear tow point.

My brother-in-law discovered what he call's the "off-button" while pulling me and my brother tubing. He was have a very difficult time dumping my brother and I from a double tube. He really wanted to dump us and just could not do it. After a while, he trimmed his engine and threw a huge rooster tail at us. The force of the water coming at us was like being pulled under water. After we could not hold our breath any longer my brother and I let go.

Because Moomba's are direct drive water craft we don't have off button's. I guess we have to rely on driving skill to dump tubers!

why are people so down on tubes? my daughter just loves riding her's. i was off tuesday--she made me take the boat out and pull her around the lake on the tube she won at the atlanta reunion. i find them fun also.-there i said it. its fun. but i think surfin is the most fun ive had in 20+ years of boating.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Back in the day we did "extreme" tubing and I have to admit that was fun, but quite painful. Even now we'll put a couple back there sit backwards in them and just ride up and down the river. Heck you can sip on your favorite beverage in the process. I know Stacy and myself are not alone, you guys can admit it without embarassment, the're fun.

Monty
    2001 Outback LS

" Son, I'm Captain Jack Sparrow "

Pylon! I recall that my 2005 XLV's manual was quite adamant was for wakeboarding and trick skiing, and any other towing should be from the pylon. Towing from the tower, where human grip wasn't a failure point, would void the warranty.

I understand about avoiding the submarine effect while towing the wee ones. If you a pulling at low speed in a mostly straight line with no waves involved, your risk would have to be pretty low. However, if the tube were to get behind a roller, the load would suddenly go way up, regardless of the weight of the rider.

That said, wakeboarding boats are fantastic for pulling a tube! It's the big wake, assuming that your rider is an adult who wants to get bounced out eventually. Having little sense of pride (a positive side effect of premature hair loss), I shamelessly pull a rider anytime it is requested. We don't do it much since the hydrofoil arrived three years ago, but my alternate driver and I got pretty good at sending adults flying in a good way. I have been knocked around 10 feet in the air a few times. The secret is to pre-formulate some insults with which to taunt the driver just before you get in the tube.

I think what pisses me off about most "tubers" is that they do it erratically in the same area that we try to wakeboard and ski.

Tubing doesn't really require glass; in fact its more fun in rough water, but (much like Jet-Ski-ers) there are always tubers cutting across our routes and messing up the rotation.

Talking

I have been pretty good at creating "the Texas Death Spiral" with the moomba's own wake and getting double ups and triples win which to lauch tube riders 10 to 15ft in the air. only deserving teens and adults

On saturday with a bunch of guys( bachelor party) myself and a freind were lauch 10+ feet in the air( crash and burn) saved the Beer though, can was a bit wrinkled though and slightly watery. LOL
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Brantford View Post
    The secret is to pre-formulate some insults with which to taunt the driver just before you get in the tube.

As the driver, my favorite taunt was for the soon to be swimmer...er rider to tell me "you can't throw me off". Nothing like a challenge LOL.
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

Sled491 Guest

We have a DD outback and always use the pylon. My 5 yr old daughter and 6 yr old son have no problem on a tube at 15 - 20 mph from the pylon, never even heard of this submarine effect. Maybe has something to do with the size of the tube. We have a big Maambo and heck my 8 yr old will stand up on the thing, turn around and start smacking his butt taunting myself or his mother who ever is driving to try and shake him off. I think he gets that from his mother to be honest.

Seark, I had a friend tell me the same thing once; it took about 60 seconds to through him off.
    2007 Outback