Default Rudder Bushing Play

I have a vibration sound on my 2000 Boomerang @ 2100-2300rpm. Prop looks flawless (old prop in picture) and do not recall a strike on a very well known lake.

I am wondering if it could be a loose rudder. The rudder shaft goes through the fixed wake plate on this model. See attached picture. How much play should exist in the rudder bushing in the wakeplate? I can occilate the bottom tip of the rudder by hand. Is it possible the rudder is vibrating under load at that RPM? Where can I get a replacement bushing if needed? How difficult of a repair?
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

I just sold our 1975 MasterCraft. Last year I could swing the rudder about an inch either way, didn't cause any vibrations. I found a new rudder port but hadn't yet got a new rudder before I sold it. There was no bushing in this system and I don't think they have them now, It was brass on brass. If you have a vibration I would be looking at the prop closely or even take it to a prop shop if you have one around.

I would say that you need a new rudder bushing or possibly a new shaft. The rudder should have just a tiny bit of freeplay in it, but anymore than that you will probably need a new bushing. Also your shaft may be out of alignment or may be bent. As far as checking that I'm not really sure how to do it. I would just take it to your dealer and have them check everything and write up an estimate. Check out www.skidim.com for parts you may need.
    '99 Outback (Maroon/Creme) GM 350/Holley 4150
    550 HRS
    LaSalle-Peru, IL

Any play in the prop shaft strut bushing?
    Share The Water
    2006 Outback V

I had a Boomerang so I know what you mean on the shaking/vibration, although mine did this mainly under a load. Mine was more of a shake in the wheel so I don't know if this is quite what you are describing. I had to replace the rudder bushing (the one located on the wake plate) and also the strut bushing. Got all the parts from Discount Inboard Marine.

Monty
    2001 Outback LS

" Son, I'm Captain Jack Sparrow "

Sled491 Guest

I'm with Tarkus on this one. I would check the strut bushing. How many hrs on the boat. I know it's 8 yrs old but maybe you have no hrs. I hit a stump or log or something last summer on a river I've been skiing for a decade. I couldn't find a thing on the prop yet there was obviously a slight bend in one of the blades because that this shook like crazy over like 1800 RPM. So I wouldn't rull that out either.