Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My girlfriend hit a rock! *pics and vid*

My gf was pulling me while I was wakeboarding and she went thru a shallow area and hit a rock. We were able to continue driving but I kept the speed very low because it was making a weird noise!

Here are few pics of the damage. I am a little worried about the get coat. The mechanical side of things was really easy to fix but the gelcoat is a whole different story.

The stock prop on the 2008 OBV is 13.7 X 17.5. My dealer suggested that I upgrade to a 14.25 X 14.0 that comes standard on the 2008 LSV. I made the switch and hot damn what a difference!!!

Here is a video of the new prop. They were just making sure the shaft was still ok. I love the sound of the exhaust outside of the water! No wonder those Baja boats are so loud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woIi1QaNmrg
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Sled491 Guest

Gel coat can be easily repaired by a good fiberglass shop. As it looks like you can see the fibers, I don't think I would leave the boat in the water for any lenght of time before I got that fixed. If water gets into the fibers of the glass you get blistering, and I'm pretty sure that won't be covered under warrenty.

Quote Originally Posted by sled491 View Post
    Gel coat can be easily repaired by a good fiberglass shop. As it looks like you can see the fibers, I don't think I would leave the boat in the water for any lenght of time before I got that fixed. If water gets into the fibers of the glass you get blistering, and I'm pretty sure that won't be covered under warrenty.
    Oh no!

My dealer said I would be ok until the fall and have it fixed at the same time I winterize the boat.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Sled491 Guest

DG, hey I just saw a picture on the internet, your dealer saw it up close. But I would still watch it and maybe even get him to put something in writing. The repair is no big deal and shouldn't take more than a week. Just make an appointment and that way your not wiating in line with your boat on a trailer. Because we all know down time in the summer is no good.

Dang that sucks. So do you still have a GF after this? I am new to props so what did the prop do for you?

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    Dang that sucks. So do you still have a GF after this? I am new to props so what did the prop do for you?
    We have been together for 9yrs so it's gonna take more than a rock to break us up. lol

The new 14x14 prop gives a better holeshot to get a wakeboarder up out of the water. I lost a few mph on my top end but I never spent time going faster than 30mph anyway.

Goose,
    Sorry bout the damage.. I know that hurts!
    You may want to ask the dealer if you should put some Gelcoat patch in it for the short term... easy fix...

B
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

get a bandaid on that for short term--if water gets into the matt your going to have issues long term
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Ok I will pull it out today and fix this.

What exactly does a gelcoat patch look like? I wanna make sure I buy the right stuff.

go to spectrumcolor.com and they will have the exact gel coat kit in the right color.

very easy repair on your own.