Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Moomba cruise always gives a slow pull up on the wakeboard, but does a pretty good job on the slalom. Although, it takes a little longer to get to the set speed on the slalom.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Sled491, I agree on the versatility - I've skied about every DD also. Driver technique never mattered in the past (15 years and 25 lbs later is a different story)!

My Dad and I perfected the progressive...progressive...hit it (that's why he's still my preferred driver after 25 odd years skiing).

I tried to explain this to my brother-in-law and he took it to mean a high, long drag and I about drowned. I was back there yelling "Go...go..go!" Luckily I'm pretty good at just haning on for a while and got up anyway and he got it perfect the second time.

Bottom line is there (at least for me) is a somewhat fine line between too much and too little power. Play around with it a bit and you'll quickly find the sweet spot. Waterski mag had a good article on how to get up slalom that had some good tips - I'll see if I can find an post link.
    2003 Outback

MrsZ Guest

NOW I know what you are talking about! Zachary won a 66" Obrien Comp at the Tampa Jam. I tried it this weekend. I have never ever had any trouble getting up but it took me about 6 or 7 tries to get up! Maybe the boots are in a different place or something. Surely it is not the age of the skier!

The kids could not believe it and kept asking me what Daddy was doing wrong?

And to be honest I can not remember her never getting up on the first try for over 20 years so certainly I thought "man what am I doing wrong.

I am 240lbs using a 69" HO and I can get up with any type of pull but the quick and fast yanks are the best but I have to hold on real good. I found that I set my ski the same as a wake boarder with the ski resting on the side about 45 degrees, back side facing the boat with the legs tucked in. I've never seen a skier start with the ski in line with the boat using double wraps and be very successful as they drag the whole way. Also, I have had lousy skis myself as they are made for a particular stance and if you ski differently then the ski can be unstable. You can call around or check with someone who uses your ski and verify the binding settings but it shouldn't be an issue until you get up.

Sled491 Guest

Zabooda, I ski a 68 and come in around 190. I take the straight up pull every time. Once my wife figured out what cosistant application of the throttle meant, I am up every time asap. With this technique you have to allow the boat to plane your ski. You end up way forward, then it's just a matter of yanking back with you upper body and all is good.