Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My fuel pump is rusted and leaking fuel!!! HELP!

I have a 2004 Moomba Mobius LSV with the standard v-drive 315hp engine, last week I found out my fuel pump has rusted through and slowly leaking gas while the engine is running luckily no damaged as occurred to the boat!

So now I need a new fuel pump, BUT no one has this part in stock over here in Hong Kong! Are there other marine grade parts that can be used to replaces this? Or if not where can i purchase this specific part online and Fedex this over! and whats the part number?

Here are some pictures of the rusted fuel pump!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by etang789; 07-22-2008 at 06:52 AM.

bump for help!

I just got one online through SummitRacing.com, the PN was P4389 and it was half the price of anywhere else. incase it is not the same one just keyword Carter fuel pumps and all will come up.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by brownski View Post
    I just got one online through SummitRacing.com, the PN was P4389 and it was half the price of anywhere else. incase it is not the same one just keyword Carter fuel pumps and all will come up.

Good luck
    I took the rusty fuel pump out! And the sticker on it says Carter P/N 152-875, which is different from what brownski said?

Did they change the coding or will the Carter GP4389 work just fine?

I sent an e-mail to our friends at Ski Dim to check this out for you. I asked them to include a quote and see if they could ship it too. I'll let you know what I find out.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I sent an e-mail to our friends at Ski Dim to check this out for you. I asked them to include a quote and see if they could ship it too. I'll let you know what I find out.
    Thanks keep me updated!

When I took mine into the parts store they referenced it and it came up with the P4389. Also if you look on their web site all the specs are exactly like the one we have in their now. and it is designed for 12 volt marine use. Mine had the same PN as yours when I took it out.

Quote Originally Posted by brownski View Post
    When I took mine into the parts store they referenced it and it came up with the P4389. Also if you look on their web site all the specs are exactly like the one we have in their now. and it is designed for 12 volt marine use. Mine had the same PN as yours when I took it out.
    OK thanks a lot man!

So Carter P/N 152-875 = Carter P4389

Thanks for clearing this up gonna order one right now!

Got a short response from skidim. They indicated that if the engine is carbuerated then the pump is their item # 0409. I went to their site and searched on that #. Here's the link to the page:

http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RA080018

Not sure if this helps. Good luck!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Be careful on this one because it looks just like the one I got from the parts store and found out that the threads and fitting size for the inlets an outlets were different. They need to be 3/8.