Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MrsZ Guest

Default Anyone use Kneeboard rack?

There is no kneeboard section so I will ask here. Does anyone have a kneeboard rack? If so, which one? I was thinking of the combo kneeboard/wakeboard rack. Like maybe this one:

http://www.h2osportswarehouse.com/product-p/bt-knerck225-pa.htm

Any suggestions?

Thanks all for the mirror help earlier. We have a cool tower mounted mirror now. Although the setting is still not quite right for me.

try diy wake for a kneeboard/surfbaord rack--i know it will fit 1 kneeboard or 2 surfboards---oh and if your lucky you could win that exact rack at the tampa jamboree--i used it up at the atlanta jamboree and had 2 surfboards and it work great.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I've got a kneeboard rack, but our particular kneeboard won't fit in it. The board is the Obrien 2001 I think? (a thicker one). One of the thinner boards should be fine though.

Monty
    2001 Outback LS

" Son, I'm Captain Jack Sparrow "

MrsZ Guest

Moombadaze, do you put two boards in the same slot on the rack? I dont see one there that has two slots for a kneeboard.

Moomba 97, We have one thin one and the other kneeboard is really fat. It is one of those big plastic ones. I was wondering about if it would fit in anything!
    Last edited by MrsZ; 07-21-2008 at 12:53 PM.

Default kneeboard rack

Mrs. Z ,

We ordered one from lip boating on ebay or you can go direct www.lipboating.com, pictures are better on the ebay store(lipboating). Great quality and as expected. quick release they have racks for both slim (less padded) 3" or less and for thicker ones 3+'" to 5".
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Do a search for kneeboard and my ID and you will find my thread on getting a kneeboard rack. As Monty pointed out, it's incredibly important to make sure that it will fit your kneeboard. Call the manufacturer of this rack if you need to, to find out the width of the kneeboard opening.
    -ryan
    '10 Wakesetter LSV

z-5 Cargo rack. Will hold 2 kneeboards comfortably and a couple of skiis. I wouldn't have added it as an option, but it was on the boat. Now I wouldn'd buy one without it.

Dave

Smile

Dave A,

MrsZ and I have a 2008 LS with th Z-cargo bimini top but we are running out of room. Our usual load consists of 2 kneeboards (one fat, one skinny), 3 slalom skis (mine, hers and our 11 year old son's), 2 Wakeboards (hers and our sons) and a pair of skis for the 8 year old daughter. This plus 3 ropes and 4 helmets. We don't have wakeboard racks so 1 wakeboard and 2 skis go on the Z-cargo, 2 kneeboards go in the rear storage (with helmets and ropes it is a tight fit), the pairs skis go in the front floor storage so that leaves 1 wakeboard and 1 slalom ski out (both my sons as they are smaller). With a pair of the combo wakeboard/kneeboard racks we could stow everything away. But we have only seen one design like this. The other kneeboard racks (lipboats) I like better but they only hold one kneeboard. So we are seeing what is out there, what others have tried. And WE totally agree with you, the Z-cargo top is AWESOME!!!

Sled491 Guest

Hey Z, your an engineer, why not do like Aquahiloc did and get a local CNC shop to make you exactely what you want?

Sled,

Well we have both a new Daewoo and a Haas machining centers so as soon as they become free I will draw something up in Pro-E and send the machinist an iges file so they can load it into their machines. Just got to keep the production manager busy most likely by talking to him about his racing days on his Seadoo so they can sneak the work in! Now if it works great then I will sell them on ebay and share some of the proceeds with all of them.