Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

just ordered this surf rack ...

http://www.diywake.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=568

Quote Originally Posted by meech View Post
    just ordered this surf rack ...

http://www.diywake.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=568
    That rack held both of Ed's boards, green loogie and blue lake at the same time.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Sled491 Guest

Check out the latest "Wakesurfing Magazine", Winter/Spring 2009 edition. Page 23.

www.endlesswavesurfracks.com

New style that goes on top of your tower. Looks very nice, I like them because of the padding and the fact that the boards sit flat so no pressure points.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    It does not come with the bungee starps, but for a total of $3 you can get straps that work well at home depot
    Hey Ed:
    How have you got your bungees mounted on the racks? It is easy enough to drill two holes in the new forks the same as the stock rack but how have you fastened the end arround the board to the tower??

BTW The service from DIY is fantastic. I ordered the forks last Tuesday and they were on my doorstep in Montana Friday morning.
    Just have to get them on the boat and the ice off the water!

Sled those racks you posted are sweet. I just cant believe they want 399.

Sled491 Guest

I wasn't sure of the price, but compared to what I've seen for some of the fork type racks, might not be a bad buy.

I hear that but it like like they would be pretty easy to fabricate something similiar for a lot cheaper. (Of coarse I dont have the skills for that..haha)

Sled491 Guest

Your probably right, some self sticking paddeed tape some formed aluminum trays and a couple standard speaker clamps or bimini clamps and your set.

This may sound crazy....but it works great:

I carefully cut the middle finger off one set of my factory racks. I have a TWP F-18 and it fits perfect in there with the factory bungees. Believe it or not, it looks great. The brushed alum is easily filed smooth on the edges and I managed to replace the stock rubber tubing so that it keeps the board in place. Total cost $0.

I will have to look for a good photo of the finished product. The rack bascially looks like Ed G's DIY set up.

Ed - I don't have any IS boards...but from what I have seen of them there is no way two would fit in my set-up. I can just fit my TWP board and the ol' Broadcast for beginners learning on.

Which IS boards do you have? I'd realy like to try that Quad Fin Loogy. I also really like the looks of their 2009 boards. That "Sweet Spot" looks...well...sweet. But at $900 or $1200 Canadian dollars....I'm not so sure. That's a lot of gas money.