Default Wakesurf Setup for DD Mobius

I was wondering if anyone is wakesurfing on a DD Mobius. I would like to know their ballast setup. My 2001 DD Mobius has factory ballast under the rear seat and in the ski locker. I believe with my factory ballast fool I have 450+ lbs under the rear seat and 300+lbs in the ski locker. I most likely will have only 2 or 3 people in the boat so ballast will be important. Your replies are appreciated!

I would add a 750lb ballast. The goal is to get your rubrail in the water.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

I have a 2001 mobius dd. i have a fly high tube sac (roughly 400lbs) in the front locker, and the back ballas full. Then I put a 680lbs back on the side we will surf on. Set your spotter on the back side where you are surfing and you have plenty of size.

We had our first real surfing session in our '08 LS this past weekend. I have just gravity I ballast. We added a 370 lb fat sac tube to surf side plus two /85lb movable launch pad cubes. Total of 5 adults. Three sitting in surf side corner (two with feet on swim platform. The wake was great, nearly hip deep and a nice curl. Water to the top of the LS sticker. Deafgoose's 750 lb sounds great especially for days with fewer people. Good luck and let us know what works!

i dont think you want your rubrail in the water--if you catch a wave side ways you will take on a whole lotta ballast real quick, swamped boat. you really just need to get the rub rail about 2-3 inchs away from the water. with the d drive boat if i remember correctly you want your balast bags L shaped. one across the back and one on the surf side. try for about 1200lbs?? maybee.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    i dont think you want your rubrail in the water--if you catch a wave side ways you will take on a whole lotta ballast real quick, swamped boat. you really just need to get the rub rail about 2-3 inchs away from the water. with the d drive boat if i remember correctly you want your balast bags L shaped. one across the back and one on the surf side. try for about 1200lbs?? maybee.
    I doubt the extra 2-3" will make any difference if you catch a wave sideways.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Thank you for the great information. I ordered a 750lb fat sac to sit next to my engine compartment. I will try some different weight configurations and hopefully get a good wake/wave. We wakesurfed this year behind a buddy's Tige and it was great!

I just commented on this on another post, but that fuel vent is a real pain. My replacement should be at my house tomorrow I am hoping. My friends who ride regular dont like having to ride on the right side of the boat.

Spicer318. What is the part number for the replacement fuel vent?