Question Towing LSV with Chevy Trailblazer

Does anybody out there tow an LSV with a Trailblazer (4.2L I6 with 3.73 rear end - 5700lb towing capacity)? I have pulled the boat in and out of the water several times with no issues, but the ramp I use is only about 10 houses away. This weekend I am towing my LSV to my dealer for the 20 hour service, and I have one pretty big hill to climb that I am nervous about. After that I only have to drive about 5 miles to the dealer. Thanks in advance for any advice.
    bigbadjon_LSV
    Tippecanoe Lake, IN

"Growing Older But Not Up!"

You will be fine. I towed my boat for 3 years with a Montero Sport and then an FJ and know a Nissan Frontier. i have never had any problems with a v6.

leave tranny in d and take it slow and easy-brakes on the trailer will help with stopping, just dont be in a rush. if it were a longer trip i would say get a 1/2 ton truck or full size suv
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Thanks for the encouragement. I was pretty sure I would be OK, but I thought I should ask the experts. Thanks again.
    bigbadjon_LSV
    Tippecanoe Lake, IN

"Growing Older But Not Up!"

I have that engine in my other truck (Isuzu Ascender). It tows like crazy. Just don't let anything get too hot and you'll be fine.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Make sure you have a tranny cooler or it will be toast. I have a 2002 Blazer, 4.3L V6 with 40,000 and a rebuilt tranny. I pulled a mile each way and occasionally a 15 mile trip each way using 3rd gear as suggested. The tranny place has a display on the wall of the crappy parts used in them and I replaced those parts with heavy duty ones and added a cooler which set me back a total of $2,500. Other than that it does well. Hopefully, the trailblazer has better parts.
    Last edited by zabooda; 07-19-2008 at 01:56 AM.

Sled491 Guest

For that short trip, like was said earlier, just take your time and don't use OD especially for the hill. And if it were me, I start speeding up about 1/2 mile befroe the hill, just to give you a fighting chance!

Tippy Lake? What is your route? I am about 5 miles away. If you are driving to Bell's you shouldn't have any problem.