Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 08 vs 07 model

Default 08 vs 07 model

I have an 07 model and it seems to me that more people are having problems with the new 08 models. They are not major flaws, but I haven't had any problems with my 07 model except for stuff coming loose, which happens because of vibration. What is yall's take on this?
    07 Moomba Outback

I've got an '07 LSV.... no problems. I mean NO problems. Owned it for 18 months now, put 125 hours on it, spent thousands on upgrades so far (just can't stop), and most of all, the family and I have had nothing but great times with it!

*Knocks on wood*
    We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion.

I have a 2007 OB V w/ about 85 hrs on it, and the only problem I had is that the rear grab bar came loose. I'm also having an issue where all the bags fill up when I only hit the front one. That's an issue w/ the dealer installation, as I'm assuming they would have installed the same pump, valves, and bags if it was a 2008 model. I'm planning to get those fixed under warranty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by csmsk View Post
    I've got an '07 LSV.... no problems. I mean NO problems. Owned it for 18 months now, put 125 hours on it, spent thousands on upgrades so far (just can't stop), and most of all, the family and I have had nothing but great times with it!

*Knocks on wood*
    This is EXACTLY the way a boat owner should feel. Congrats Rock ON!!
    I'm the same way.
    Let's ride
    07 FoilTech Hydrofoil

We have had no problems with our new LS (31hours) but we had a major problem with a mechanic, and to be honest he was just trying to get us back on the water! Other than that the boat has been Great!!!
    In 22 years of owning a MasterCraft (sorry Ed!!!) we were only towed home once!!! It was always the first day of the year when you went to get it ready that you discovered what sitting over the winter will do to a boat!

Only problems on my 2008 OBV is the steering wheel was not aligned and the switch panel fell off on the first day out.

It has 29hrs on it.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

What if anything have you done to align the steering wheel? I would like to fix that little issue with ours too!

Quote Originally Posted by zegm View Post
    What if anything have you done to align the steering wheel? I would like to fix that little issue with ours too!
    Simple. I used a 19mm socket on the nut that holds the wheel.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Wow that was too easy!!!! 19mm???? You must mean 3/4"!!!!
    19/24.5=.748

Quote Originally Posted by zegm View Post
    Wow that was too easy!!!! 19mm???? You must mean 3/4"!!!!
    19/24.5=.748
    That might work too but I used a 19mm socket.