Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bimini top self installation

I bought the OEM Moomba bimini top and now I need to install it.

Can this be done buy a DIY'er or is this a job for the dealer?
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

It should be fairly easy to do!

Deafgoose,

Do you mind me asking how much that top cost you? I am looking into the same thing. Did you get it from the US? Or your local Canadian dealer. My dealer in Calgary wants $750 and there are some nice looking aftermarket ones in the US for $300 with shipping.

Thx - JonJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jon J View Post
    Deafgoose,

Do you mind me asking how much that top cost you? I am looking into the same thing. Did you get it from the US? Or your local Canadian dealer. My dealer in Calgary wants $750 and there are some nice looking aftermarket ones in the US for $300 with shipping.

Thx - JonJ
    I got it from http://www.bay-marine.com in Trenton Ontario. It was $695+tx and shipping was $100 but I got it the next day by FedEx.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

The only thing that I am worried about is that I dont have any installation instructions and the hardware included looks to be incomplete.

Deaf - I think about a month back Laz did an install of a bimini on his '07 Outback and friend's '07 Outback V. Should be a thread on the BB. I took pictures for him of the factory installed bimini on my '07 Outback. - Deeerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Quote Originally Posted by deerfield View Post
    Deaf - I think about a month back Laz did an install of a bimini on his '07 Outback and friend's '07 Outback V. Should be a thread on the BB. I took pictures for him of the factory installed bimini on my '07 Outback. - Deeerfield
    Found it. Thanks!

After looking at those pics I am missing ALOT of hardware. I really wanted to install this today. Crap!

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=5587

Quote Originally Posted by deafgoose View Post
    Found it. Thanks!

After looking at those pics I am missing ALOT of hardware. I really wanted to install this today. Crap!

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=5587
    Do you live anywhere close to a bass pro shop? I know I've picked up some bimini hardware there...

Quote Originally Posted by bigbee View Post
    Do you live anywhere close to a bass pro shop? I know I've picked up some bimini hardware there...
    Nope.

There is one in Toronto but that is a 4hr drive.

So who is responsible for the missing hardware? Skiers Choice?

The bimini was perfectly sealed so it was not my dealers fault.

Who should I be calling to ask for the missing hardware?