Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My first free ride!!!!

Well, after a little practice I was finally able to free ride on the ocean board behind the LSV. We had 400 lbs in the rear, wakeplate at 10% and 450 lbs in the front locker. There were two people in the boat running 9.8 mph. I have ordered the parts to move my other 400 lbs bag to the same side and the Alias is on the way.

Please igonre the graceful "dismount" I was having so much fun, I could not figure out how to stop!!! Also I had just injured my back really bad and I was surfing through the pain.

15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Sled491 Guest

Jesse, great looking ride, I'm so jealous. The only difference I see between your regular surf board and a wake surf board is that it seems to move around alot while your body seemed to be quite still.

But really what do I know, I still can't get slack line!

Quote Originally Posted by sled491 View Post
    But really what do I know, I still can't get slack line!
    Try leaning over your front foot so that you put more weight on the front of the board. You will instantly get slack in the line.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Sled491 Guest

Deaf, I put so much weight on the front of the board the tip slipped under the water. I got lucky and saw it and leaned back right away so that I didn't crash

Quote Originally Posted by sled491 View Post
    Deaf, I put so much weight on the front of the board the tip slipped under the water. I got lucky and saw it and leaned back right away so that I didn't crash
    If the tip goes under that is too much weight foreword. It's amazing how little changes in your stance go a long way.

If you can't get slack no matter what then something is not right. What board are you using and how much weight do you have in the boat?
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Talking

Jesse, great video, Let me know how the Alias works. I called my local guy and the 5"0 one was sold the day I got my answers on the BB. They have the smaller one but i need the bigger board. I am trying to find another shop to pick one up for this weekend. We have a boat full of guys for sat. My buddy's 24v ft tige 8-10 beefcakes, no ballast required. huge wake. lots of beer.

ps why are your shorts not wet in the video???? are you taking Ed's advice on starts??
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by sled941
    Jesse, great looking ride, I'm so jealous. The only difference I see between your regular surf board and a wake surf board is that it seems to move around alot while your body seemed to be quite still.
    It was not the board that was causing the wiggle. I compressed my back earlier wakeboarding and could barely carry the surfboard down the dock. The chop would cause the board to wiggle and I would grab my legs to try and keep the pain down. It sure was a lot of fun!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    ps why are your shorts not wet in the video???? are you taking Ed's advice on starts??
    They are magic shorts from Old Navy! I started floating in the water with my feet on the board as Ed suggested, not sure why the shorts don't look wet....

Quote Originally Posted by ED G
    Jesse, nice ride! What size and Make is the surf board?
    I emailed my brother-in-law as this is his board that we take to the beach to see what it is. I know that it is a custom of some sort, but not sure who made it. I am pretty sure that he brought it from Hawaii.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post

Oh, to stop - just peel off - up and behind the wave and sink in.

Yeah, my method was not that graceful, I did not want the board to hit the boat since it is not mine. My original thought was to lay down and hold the board and just slide off. but once I knelt down my back started to hurt and I just decided to hold on and see what heppened...made for a funny ending though.

I also had to go find an old vest that I did not care about. The board was covered in wax and I did not want to get it on one of my neoprene vests.
    Last edited by JesseC; 07-17-2008 at 09:31 AM.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Talking

Ed, yes i know that is how you recomend people to start in the water , i was just harrassing Jesse on how he kept his shorts dry.....
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Sled491 Guest

Deaf, that is of course the problem, I'm not running any ballast. I have Walker Project G3 - X5 so it is a 5 ft board. I thought that by using a longer board I could at least get a ride no tricks behind my boat with a surf board. I was wrong. Will be adding a 750 to the rear very soon.