15 53.57%
  • day trippers

8 28.57%
  • keep boat at a marina

5 17.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sled491 Guest

Default Wondering about hrs,

So Aquaholic got me to thinking. Who puts on more hours. People who live on the lake and can go out anytime they want, or day trippers who wait paitently for the weekend to let it all hang out.

I mean my lake is only about 1000 acres, and the best skiing is right in front of my place with a 1 mile run. So you make a pass up and back and you have gone 2 miles, not bad. So while on vacation I skied every morning and every night, then I would work on my wakesurf skiils for a while and that came to a whopping 10hrs for the week. But some of you guys have to make long runs up rivers or accross lakes to see some sweet water. So I was just curious.

I dunno, sled. Maybe initially the lake property owners have the edge, esp. if they have kids and water bikes. I am mostly a weekender, usually doing some kind of marathon thing on Saturday and starting early for my sets then a little crusing or hanging out at 'the cove'. I don't yet have 300 hrs on me '04 I bought new in August of '04, I think it's like 272 or something. Too bad I don't get credit for time anchored. That'd rack up the time meter.
    B
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!

Good question.I live on a lake and have an 03 LS bought new in early 2003.This will be it's 6th season and right now it has 285 hours.
    jy

we don't live on a lake, but we have 59 hrs. we took delivery this last april. so i would say we are day trippers. in the early spring we probably added a few more hours because you have to keep the engine running to run the heater. otherwise, the cold water cools the heater down too fast!

i would hope the lake people get more hours. we spend about 2 hrs prep/deprep to garage, tower, dry etc for each use.

Sled - I own a lot on a private lake, but no house on the lot. That's for the future. For now, we lease a slip on a lake closer to our home and keep the boat on a lift at the slip. Pier is owned by a restaurant - not a marina. We drive an hour to get to the boat, so ours are day trips. Not sure what category that puts us in. I vote that the lake property owners (with a house on the property) log more hours on their boats than do day trippers or owners who keep their boats at a marina. - Deerfield
    Last edited by deerfield; 07-16-2008 at 10:20 AM.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Wink

We have a house, Lots more projects at the house that keep our water time limited, (ie mow lawn, finish the deck, satin the dock, wax the moomba trailer, ala Butta) Plus we get a little spoiled and wait for ideal water conditions. We make it up about an hour away mostly weekends only. So I vote day trippers, Butta us lakers float and hang as well
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Day tripper here..... got the boat in January and I already have 63 hrs on it.... you guys are slackers!!!! LOL!
    2007 LSV - All red
    Wetsounds PRO 80's WS420 Eq
    Acme 1433

Question

Really I can turn around and see the boat sitting at the dock now in the backyard. Ok we left it in the water this week to do...............skiing after work of course!!!! I think it is just too easy for someone living on the water to go skiing. Now if someone does put more hours on their boat that drives to the lake then with the price of gasoline these days I think they should maybe look for some lake property and save some money!!!
    Just got a quote for a Covered boat lift, the telephone pole style (typical souther style) with a metal roof to put on the end of our existing dock. It was 12k so if they are building it and we can't use it does that mean I become a weekend road warrior?

Sled491 Guest

Uh, I don't think so.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxTigers View Post
    Day tripper here..... got the boat in January and I already have 63 hrs on it.... you guys are slackers!!!! LOL!
    I am just a little behind you, took delivery in June of last year, so I just crossed the one year mark and I am right at 100 hours. You guys need to pick it up!
    It is better barefoot!