Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ballast pumps.

Default Ballast pumps.

I think this question has been on here before. I need to know if it is all possible to change out the Ballast pumps on the boats. We went out this past weekend and waited for ever to fill the 750lb sack. I am not to concerned about the drain pump. I just want to pump water in faster.
    Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Tazz, why not just do what I do? flip the switch on the way out to your favorite spot. They will be nice and plump by the time you get there. They fill up quick if you fill them as you move.
    2007 LSV - All red
    Wetsounds PRO 80's WS420 Eq
    Acme 1433

I did not think that youcan fill them on the move. I know that the front can not be fill while on the move. Will I get air in the bags? Also, this question is for my brother-in-law. He has 750lb bags throughout his Supra. It took forever to fill. And I do mean forever. By the Havasu was awesome.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings

There was a post on WakeWorld regarding this with Supra's. One of the options was to put an additional pump on the line in to the solenoids... hard to describe but it is kind of a daisy chain... I think there are some higher GPH models available... but if i remember correctly, several said the 2nd pump inline helped much...

I just searched..here is the post from WW: http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...83/568342.html
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Quote Originally Posted by tazz3069 View Post
    I did not think that youcan fill them on the move. I know that the front can not be fill while on the move. Will I get air in the bags? Also, this question is for my brother-in-law. He has 750lb bags throughout his Supra. It took forever to fill. And I do mean forever. By the Havasu was awesome.
    Tazz,

You can fill any or all three of the bags while on the move, and it seems to fill faster (probably because it helps force the water through the system). If you are getting air in the center sac, it's not because you are filling while on the move.

Let us know what you find out about going with a larger pump but I think that the sprinkler valves and hose sizes will probably be your limiting factor. You can only push so much water through that hose, and the valve/solenoids assemblies can only withstand so much pressure.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Cab--
    Good to know. I will ask my dealer. They sell the Tsunami pump there.

when you guys say on the move do you mean idle or any plaining speed?
    ________
    Kawasaki AR50
    Last edited by ajmoritz17; 01-22-2011 at 03:31 AM.

Adam
    I have done both, no problems.
    I get air in my center bag but that is from my 20-25 mile tow to the ramp..
    I generally have to burp it every few trips..
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Quote Originally Posted by tazz3069 View Post
    I have had no problems filling all of them on the move. I am glad you enjoyed Havasu. How'd you like that area by the London channel?
    2007 LSV - All red
    Wetsounds PRO 80's WS420 Eq
    Acme 1433

I have also filled my bags on the go and it wasn't a problem. The dealer also switched out my pump for the rear sack with a larger one.

I have a question on how to keep these pumps connected to the bags. They have this attachment like a waterbed filler but they will not attach to the bag. My rear one seems to stay but not the front. Have you guys had this problem and if you have how did you fix it?
    Lake Bound
    2002 Moomba Outback LS
    Indmar, Carb