Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 08 Outback V - Lake Sinclair, GA

Hey Y'all,

We graduated from a '88 Chaparral 187XL to this '08 Outback V. It's like going from a VW Bug to a Porsche 911! TOTALLY AWESOME!!!

We purchased the boat from Atlanta Marine and had a great experience working with them. The kids love this boat and I can't get that stupid grin off my face, even at idle.

Attached is a pic of the boat just before pulling out of the lot after signing papers, my girls (7 & 9) and a friend on the tube and my son (5 months) helping me at the helm.

Thanks for letting me show off the new toy. Have a great summer!
    Attached Images Attached Images

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!

What options did you get?

I see a bimini top.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Smile

Welcom to the clan,We got and 07 OBV this spring and love it. Be careful towing to much weight off the tower ( tubes can fill with lots of water and get heavy), also harder to whip kids from the tower and dump them.That's what my 10 years twins say.

Great colors. the grin will last all summer, be careful docking it takes some practice from the i/o.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Congradulations Wolfeman!!!!! Love the color!!!

We know how you feel as we got our 2008 LS this past Spring from Atlanta Marine. They are Awesome, Tim and Lisa took care of everything for us.
    We now live in Panama City but before that we kept our old MasterCraft on Sinclair every summer for about 10 years. Before that we had it on Allatoona but that became the busiest lake in the world and skiing is now impossible there! As far as backing up an inboard, just make sure you are going forward the direction you want at a nice slow speed, have the boat oriented the way it will come to a stop, because when you hit reverse it will be only to slow it down and stop it, you cannot steer them much at all in reverse.
    From the pictures it looks like you are near MrsZ parents summer lake house. They are there now so if you get a chance zip on by in the Gorgeous boat and tell them we said Hi!!!!

Congrats and welcome to the Clan!
    Great looking boat! Glad you are starting out he little man early!!

Enjoy.
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Thanks all for the compliments on the boat. We got out this morning at 7:30 am with the girls tearing it up on the kneeboard. Had the place to ourselves.

Deafgoose - options include tower, bimini, Gravity I ballast, upgraded stereo w/ amp, tower mirror & bracket, snap-on covers, Moomba Cruise & appearance package. We're towing her back Monday to Atlanta Marine for 20 hr service and will be adding pop-up cleats. I may also add the board racks and tower speakers. Has anyone tried the new Infinity package that includes the mic so you can yell at, I mean instruct & encourage, the kids?

Zegm - I'm not usually one to join or participate on blogs, but I stumbled accross the Moomba board last week and was following your situation. I was glad to see it looks to finally be resolved and am glad Mr. Tinker addressed so quickly. I plan to be an active participant on this blog as I saw how the power of the group got you resolution. Let me know where MrsZ's folks are at on Sinclair and we'll give them a shout. If you all get back up here, we are on Island Creek. Just take a left at the cove by the power lines and you'll find us toward the back. My friend had one of the first Moombas on Sinclair 2 years ago. Last weekend we counted 6 at one time at the sandbar by the airport.

I'm getting plenty of practive docking the boat and appreciate the suggestions. We keep the boat on a cradle lift in our boathouse. The best thing I've found to keep me from tearing up the boat is having my wife in the bow, manning a retractable boat hook that I picked up at Bass Pro for $24. I'm also not embarrassed to back it up and try again for a second, or third, time.

Noticed that there weren't any posts on Pride & Joy over the past few days . . .

Mrs. Z sent me these pics of my boat from the time our families spent together on Lake Sinclair a few weeks ago. First time I've seen the boat from this perspective & I think it looks gooooooooooood!!!

Drew,

Very nice boat. For some reason i think i have seen it before. Ahh it looks like mine. The only sad note is you got tubers in tow. I guess i can forgive you for having such a great boat.

Way to go MrsZ for sending the pictures, but actually I finally got to use the camera and took these.
    And I guess i have to overlook the tubing issue too! Especially since 2 of those kids on the tube are mine.

ok those pictures have sealed it, i want to go to this lake next summer.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart