Question Wakeplate problems

A couple of times ago my wakeplate was acting up...sometimes working, sometimes not. Then it worked the next time out....but now it's 'dead'. I still hear the low-pitched 'humming' noise when I tell it to go up/down, but the plate doesn't move. Doing a search here I couldn't find any other examples of this problem...and no items in the manual to help me out either. Is it something as simple as filling up hydraulic fluid?

Helix, I would check the fluids. If you can hear the pump, then it should be working. I try to check all the stuff myself before I hit the water. Do you here it in both directions?
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Red face

Not to sound like an idiot, but my mechanical skills stink and I'm teaching myself as I go with the boat. The manual says nothing that I could find about the wakeplate hydraulic (I assume) fluid. So, that leads to the next questions:

1. How do I check the fluid?

2. If I find it needs fluid, where do I fill and with what?

Oh, and the sound 'does' work going both ways when I say up/down.

Thanks.

I had the exact same problem with my LSV.It was a relay for the system that had failed,I believe there is only one relay for the wakeplate.

Do you remember if you had the dealer fix your 'relay' or is it something simple you did yourself? Do you remember $$$? Thanks for the tip.

C-Bus Oh/Lake Cumberland-Grider Hill Dock Ky

Helix

I had to add fluid to my wakeplate system after the deler fixed the leak in it. All the fluid leaked out then they fixed and it was low again because of bleeding the system. Mine had the same symptoms as yours, it may be leaking and your dealer can fix but if you add fluid it will work until you get it to their shop. The fluid was leaking into the bilge near hydraulic arms in back of bilge.

The Wakeplate System/ Reservoir is located right inside the engine compartment high in plain sight near the center to port side of the boat, a box looking thing with small hoses running to it. The fluid is in the bottom of the "box", check it to see if to fill line. If fluid is needed, it takes Automatic Transmission Fluid. To fill, take off top cover and there is a little black stub with a cap where you can add more fluid if needed. I got the cover off and had to call to find the place to fill it with fluid, the key was the black stud at back right of unit with a cap on it that is hard to see, at least for me. Check the fluid, fill it then check your bilge to see if leaking, if so call dealer. It shoud work for you after filling with fluid before it all leaks out again.

Good luck!
    Black & Tan 2006 Mobius LSV

Helix, I need to hijack your thread for a quick question.

Do any of you know if the wakeplate extends below the hull? I have a problem either with the gauge or the travel of the wakeplate. When my gauge reads zero the wake plate is at about a 45 degree angle up from the bottom of the boat. When it reads 50 percent it is level with the bottom of the hull. I am not sure why the gauge reads from 50 - 100 degrees as it never goes past 50. So does yours go below the hull and that is what 50-100 is for or is my gauge just off???
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Jesse the plate reading is correct 0-50 in the 02's seems weird but that is what it is. The plate I believe should be even and not go below as it could create keel steer if I remember correctly which is really bad and almost impossible to get control of.

Helix check the fluid level as others have suggested also check the rams as something may be binding one or bent one causing this.
    CS

I agree with BLKOUTLS, my plate does NOT extend below the boat...all the way down is pretty much even with the hull.

I got my plate working yesterday, and unfortunately am not 100% sure what fixed it. I checked the levels, but a note of caution to be careful with this...I almost filled it more because it only read 1/2 full, but the plate was down....when I finally got the plate up the fluid level read almost full. Anyway, there was a loose wire to the back of the gauge (although I doubt that was the problem). I grabbed the lines from the pump and wiggled them wondering if there was a kink somewhere...also tried several other things. Then, voila, plate goes up and down no problem?!? I'm worried it was a lucky glitch, and will fail out on the lake again, but I'll go down that road when I get there. My dealer was really nice, had the tech call me and give me some things to try to isolate the problem. I figure we need to spread the love of good dealers, not just when problems occur. If you live in TN, Joyce at Marine Outfitters is great to deal with (Charleston, exit 33 on Hwy 75).

The relay was replaced by the dealer,most relays are inexpensive(around 10-20 dollars)
    I would assume there is probably 2 relays for the system,one for the pump and one for the solenoid valves.I have not looked into the location,so I can't help with that.