Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Red face

I took mine off for the same reason I hated it in that position and I have always driven without one. That is why I have a spotter so I can look out for the Jacka$$6 on the jet skis. The only time I look back is when there is no one else out on the lake.
    Ski when the ice is gone stop when it returns.

Mrs Z
    You can click on my profile and look at my album.

I have the mirror mounted on the tower just below the bimini top. I set mine up based on my eye level when sitting on the bolster. I set it up so that I can see under the mirror looking forward, when I sit in the seat the mirror tilts down so I can still see fine.

The issues I had were:

Getting the height just right so I could see under it from the bolster, and so that the bimini top did not block the view from the top of the mirror.

I have a blind spot when I wear a hat.

I saw a guy this weekend with a mirror on each side of the boat mounted to the tower, I hate to be a copy cat, but I will be adding one to the left side soon. Looked cool and should clear up my blind spot.
    It is better barefoot!

Sled491 Guest

Hey Mrs Z with a G.

I guess you have the same seat and mirror as me. I like the bolster due to all the water spots I end up with on my windshield, I just prefer the clear view. So I put my mirror in the very center as a ski mirror should be. But you have a tower and I think that one of those moster towers set up just right would be better becasue it should get rid of the line of sight blind spot when turning to port or when watching to the port side for oncoming traffic.

I understand the instinct to use the mirror especially with the kids, your just curious to see how the are doing and progressing so that you can coach when they get back in the boat. And I bet Mr Z is always getting back in asking " So how was I? Did I have any good cuts?"

Quote Originally Posted by MrsZ View Post
    McMooba: I was thinking of getting one to mount on the tower but it looked like it would be in the way of my forward view all thetime. Your idea may be one answer. I would like to see it. Do you have a pic of where your mirror is mounted?
    MRSZ
    I do not have a picture available but it is pretty much the same as bamaspiveys'.

McM

I too have struggled with the placement of the mirror. With a longer torso I find myself often having my eye directly level with the top of the windshiled the bolster does offer some additional elevation but not enough. So as akward as it sounds I too find myself sitting on my knees. While I would likek to have the mirror directly in the middle, with a walk through to the bow I am not comfortable having the mirror on the center hinged windshild. Ultimately I found the most comfortable location for the mirror is on the passenger side tilted as far to the right as possible. We always have a spotter in the boat too but having a mirror is just added reassurance for the driver.

It is sunny and 90 today in Fargo ND. I need to bust a move and get out of the office ASAP!

Have my tower mirror set so the mirror is a little higher than where the windshield mount mirror was. I too thought about adding a 2nd tower mirrir but instead mount my windshield mirror on the corner of the passenger windshield. Now I can see the kids when they edge outside the wake. I normally don't use the bolster. I prefer to look through the windshield.