Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Looking at this boat..........

Its a 99 outback. Directdrive, decent shape, huge sound system. Heres the problem. The guages dont work and he says its the "mdc" a guage modulater that cost $400 to replace. Is anyone fimilar with this???He's asking $15000.

Keep looking. In the $15K range you can find a lot of different and maybe better boats in that year model range. If you ski, I know you can find 98-2000 model Malibu, CC 196, and maybe MC in that price. If you wakeboard, then you can find a V-drive in the 96-99 model. Keep looking.

Sorry, don't know much about the guages, but if I were trying to sell something and it is simple to fix, I would do that before listing it.

I would keep looking as well. Did the hour meter guage stop working too? That would be an area of concern. With the gas prices as they are, I'm sure many people will be looking to sell their boat. As sad as that is. But I agree with Max keep looking.

Ed:
    <Just a little ribbing directed your way here>
    Rust??? Do you think people in cold places run up and down the road in the salty, grimy roads just for the fun of it? When it gets cold, we put them away. I would think the risk of running into a boat full of rust would be greater where you live because someone might be tempted to go in salt water without taking the precautions to properly flush all the systems. Not much salt where I live. Nobody in their right mind would put a boat in the Great Salt Lake!

2007 LSV - All red
    Wetsounds PRO 80's WS420 Eq
    Acme 1433

thanks guys, I was just told by another moomba owner that lives nearby to pass on the boat as well. I was just to happy to get an inboard, and here in La. its hard to find one at that price. Whats your opinion on a closed bow like a prostar 190 or something?

Lafayette, La.

Pittsburgh? I grew up in Hershey, PA now live in SC. I remember those days with salt and cinders. Quarter panels never seemed to last very long.

Jixxxer it depends on what you want to do with the boat. We bought a LS because it was a little cheaper than a LSV. But with the redesigned hull it seemed to produce a nice wake. Bigger than the I/O's I ridden behind in the past. It just depends on what you want to use the boat for. A lot of ski boats are closed bow and they do not produce much wake. Not to say that you can't make it produce a good wake with external ballast.
    07 Mobius LS
    Drew

That is hard to believe. It seems that during the summer the whole state was there.

My wife wants to move back up there again. I sure hate to leave the lake down here. Lake Murray is about 50,000 acres. That is big for someone used to rivers in central PA. The best part only a 10 minute drive. Don't have enough greenbacks to live right on the lake.
    07 Mobius LS
    Drew

Hey Jixxxer, Are ya thinkin of movin out of the 175xt? I was smcd175 on the BOC. I got an 08 Outback V and love it, You won't be sorry if you get a Moomba. There is a wealth of knowlege here to tap into & help you choose a great boat. Look forward to seeing you on the Moomba board.

McMoomba

Ed:
    I thought I was going to lose mine at Flaming Gorge on 4th of July last week! We were right by the dam, about 30 miles from our camp when the temp just dropped like a rock and a very nasty storm blew in. I am talking 4-5 ft swells with white caps, winds gusting up to about 50 mph and hail! It probably got down in the 40's from 85 earlier. I was able to find a cove under a bridge that we sat underneath for about 90 minutes shivering to death! After that, it cleared up and we had a great day! Scary though.
    2007 LSV - All red
    Wetsounds PRO 80's WS420 Eq
    Acme 1433