Default Used boats with no service history

The closest Moomba dealer is 3hrs away and I don't own a truck so it makes it hard to get my boat serviced.

I plan to do everything myself and was wondering if that will effect the resale value of the boat.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

As long as you keep good records and keep all your reciepts for oil and filters and such. Maybe keep a log with hours and service you performed. I do all my maintenance for everything I have owned and never had trouble selling a car this way. I bought my Outback when it was 4 years old, and there were no service records with it at all. It had less than 100 hours on it and I figured that no one could do that much damage to it is so few hours. Personally, I feel like I am more particular about service and maintenance than the dealer would be.

Thanks for the reply. I am very picky about keeping up with maintenance also.

Is there a way to get a service manual for my boat? I was able to download the pdf version for my Mazda RX8 online.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

I agree.. I keep a log of hours used and when service is done. I don't keep receipts but expect that most would trust my log..
    One other option would be finding an Indmar service center. My nearest Moomba dealers are 2 1/2 and 3 hrs away. But, there is a marina that is Indmar certified.
    Here is a list of Indmar dealers/service centers in Ontario.. Not up on my geography so I don't know if any of these are closer than your dealer..

http://www.indmar.com/DealerLocator/CN.html

I would recommend the initial 20 hr service to be done by a dealer/svc center just to make sure all checks out and is aligned.
    BW
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Quote Originally Posted by 04OUTBACK View Post
    I agree.. I keep a log of hours used and when service is done. I don't keep receipts but expect that most would trust my log..
    One other option would be finding an Indmar service center. My nearest Moomba dealers are 2 1/2 and 3 hrs away. But, there is a marina that is Indmar certified.
    Here is a list of Indmar dealers/service centers in Ontario.. Not up on my geography so I don't know if any of these are closer than your dealer..

http://www.indmar.com/DealerLocator/CN.html

I would recommend the initial 20 hr service to be done by a dealer/svc center just to make sure all checks out and is aligned.
    BW
    The closest dealer on that list is 3.5hrs away.

Thanks anyways!

I think I will take your advice and take it to my dealer for the 20hr service and do the others myself.

Be sure to note the dates as well as the hours. Don't abbreviate too much-- just b/c you can read it now doesn't mean you'll be able to read it later (or anyone else for that matter). Good luck!

Nothing wrong with a seller who does his own as long as it gets done. I bought my boat from a guy who's a mechanic that builds custom cycles. Mechanically it was perfect but cosmetically it was a little rough. Spent some time sanding, polishing and making new seat covers. Very happy overall though.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!