Default stereo cutting out

Just wondering if anyone else's stereo cuts out when the volume starts to get a little high? Is that one amp to small to power 6 speakers a sub and two tower speakers?

What amp are you running? I had the same thing happen to me this weekend. I had to turn down the gain on the sub and the tower speakers, seemed to work for a little while, then it shut off again. I then unbridged(Is that a word) my amp for the tower speakers and havn't had it shut off since. I sure miss the extra power but it's not worth cutting off on me right in the middle of a session. You might have to get another amp or try turning down your gain and sub level?????? Man those things can get hot......

Chad

Sounds like the amp is going into protection mode. Better that then damage the speakers with clipping signals.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Sounds like not enough power for the speakers. The amp is getting hot and turning off. This is a safety feature. I would look into getting another amp for the tower speakers. What type of amp are you running now?
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

its just the factory amp...it was upgraded a year after i bought the boat by moomba. Its a Kenwood just not sure of the model numbers..which prolly would really help