Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ballast

Default Ballast

I have a 07 LSV with the center ballast bag and am deciding now if I should add ballast in the bag. Does anyone know how much the bag in the center weighs when full and how much the gravity 3 ballast system weighs. I'm looking at the fat sacs for the back, 400-440lbs on either side of the engine. Anyone have this set up or any advice?

Thanks

I have the gravity 3 system and it's 400lb for each bag.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Default 1700 total

I have 400lb under the front seats, 400lb Mid, 400lb in v-drive with 2 45lb plates under them. Wake is great. I actualy drained some of my fron today and it looked better than ever. So it is more like a 300, 400, 900lb split front to back.

Does anyone know how much the stock bag weighs in the middle ski compartment on the 07 LSV?

07 lsv center ski locker should be 400lbs..... That is if you can fill it all the way up. Usually raises the cover for the ski locker so figure a little under that.

JGP
    I have 06 LSV.. 07' Grav III has 400lb bags in all three spots.
    Do you plan to surf any? if you do, then get the Fly High ProX 750 lb bags.. they fit perfect, still allow room for lifejackets and light stuff..
    I never fill the 750s for Wakeboarding, but fill one side for surfing! You'll want the extra weight to get a good surf wave...
    If you don't surf, get the fly high 400lbs.. they'll be easy to integrate into your system..

The '06 and newer LSV hull likes weight forward for wakeboarding.. if I fill the rear sacs full and only have 4oo in locker, it does not ride well! PORPOISES!

hope this helps.
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

No surfing, only wakeboarding. It looks like the 400's are the way to go in the back, but what about the bouncing. Is it real bad or how do you handle it? Does there need to be weight in the front to help it out like another few hundred pounds under the bow seats?

Don't knock surfing until you try it. I was very skeptical, but I bought a damaged board off E-Bay just to give my passengers options.

Now everyone that regularly boats with me wants to surf all the time! It's hard to describe how fun it is.

I'm sure we will go back to doing more boarding than surfing when the newness wears off. However, surfing is great, especially when the water is too choppy to wakeboard.

Like 04Outback said, you can get 750s, but not fill them all the way for boarding. They aren't really any more expensive than the 400s.
    -ryan
    '10 Wakesetter LSV

JGP,
    YOu'll only need additional front weight if you LOAD the rear up with 1500lb ballast..
    Running 400 in center and 800 in rear is fine..
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Not knocking surfing, just wanting to focus on wakebaording...one day I may switch it up to surfing but really want to push myself at boarding first.

I was looking at the ballast set up on my boat this weekend and was trying to figure out how to plum in the new bags. I was considering keeping the original pump and doing a manifold to all three bags but am kind of worried that they all three won't fill at the same rate therefor leaving the weight uneven or not completely full. Do I need three pumps or just one more for the back bags? And for the draining I was just going to tap into the original drain line of the single center bag but kind of concerned that I may have a problem with water flowing back into the center bag when I drain the backs. No to sure what to do here, dont want to drill a hole in the boat, possible could find a one way gate or something to put in the tube so back flow wouldnt be a problem, if it even would be a problem.

For anyone who has done this or has the 3 bag set up any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks