Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Surf board does not fit on my rack

What are you guys using to mount surf boards on the rad-a-cage tower?
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

goose, my cwb ride fits in the factory rack-it is a little tight sometimes--its like the board thickness changes in different spots, maybee try moveing the board forwards or backwords
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    goose, my cwb ride fits in the factory rack-it is a little tight sometimes--its like the board thickness changes in different spots, maybee try moveing the board forwards or backwords
    Interesting... I will try that for sure.

If it does not end up fitting.. what are my options?
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Goose,
    I went with the Dbot5 Surf Rack.. Also, you can look into Monster Tower's extra Racks.
    As my LF Surfboard did not fit, I also needed additional space so it was an easy choice to add a rack...
    Sometimes, though, I put my surfboard in the rear compartment...kinda slide it under the seats and it fits on my LSV.. not sure if there is enough room in the OB V though.. (ballast is not full when board is in there...)
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Quote Originally Posted by 04OUTBACK View Post
    Goose,
    I went with the Dbot5 Surf Rack.. Also, you can look into Monster Tower's extra Racks.
    As my LF Surfboard did not fit, I also needed additional space so it was an easy choice to add a rack...
    Sometimes, though, I put my surfboard in the rear compartment...kinda slide it under the seats and it fits on my LSV.. not sure if there is enough room in the OB V though.. (ballast is not full when board is in there...)
    My board fits in the left rear compartment but not even close in the right rear.

Where did you buy the Dbot5 surf rack? I cant seem to find it on wakeside.com or buywake.com.

Do you got pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    I kinda doubt yours will fit.

The Tsunami and the Ride are solid epoxy boards and the razr is fiberglass over foam.
    So what is better? Solid epoxy or fiberglass over foam?

I sure wish I would have known this because I could have bought a CWB Ride intsead.

I got my Dbot from Wakeside but not sure if they still have them.. I got the 07 model on sale in January.. The 08s are different..
    I broke mine and dbot was great to help replace broken parts..
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Wink

I use the Z-5 but I can only get like 6 surf boards in there. Sorry I had to do it.

Smile

lipboating.com has a kneeboard rack that would probably work too.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I had trouble finding a double surf board rack that I liked. I finally ended up with the (new) Nice Rack and I love it. Check out this thread for my experiences and pics on page 3 (bad ones) of the Nice Rack:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=5142

It should be well wide enough for you thicker surf board.
    -ryan
    '10 Wakesetter LSV