Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Dave,

I hope she learns from her errant ways!
    Our lake here is so crystal clear that we don't need a mask or goggles and luckily for me the wife hasn't run over the rope yet. Well she won't she loves her new purple rope!!!

I found this thing on the internet,

http://www.prop-protector.co.uk/

It looks like it works well and no rope would stand a chance against it, BUT I don't like the idea of a razor sharp blade anywhere near where swimmer's might be. Or curious neighborhood kids for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobidick View Post
    I found this thing on the internet,

http://www.prop-protector.co.uk/

It looks like it works well and no rope would stand a chance against it, BUT I don't like the idea of a razor sharp blade anywhere near where swimmer's might be. Or curious neighborhood kids for that matter.
    I dont think many people swim under boats that have an inboard.

I will be looking into getting one of these for sure!!!

Here is the US website http://www.prop-protector.com/
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

It looks pretty good but there is no way I would want to drill a hole through the driveshaft for a rope that I might catch once every five years or so.

I had my boat drift over the rope once while we were changing riders. That caused enough of a fuss for permanent procedural changes:

- Driver makes a best effort to aim boat in correct direction when stopping for a fallen rider.

- The "new crew briefing" now includes defining that "secure the rope!" means that some person must take responsibility for the slack rope.

- If we need to do other things temporarily, the rope is not left by itself on the back. Instead, it is coiled and dropped over the pylon, along with the handle.

There has been no repeat of the drifting incident. I did manage to drive away with an anchor still attached to the bow ring once, though! Fortunately, it was a lousy backup anchor which promptly fell apart under the force.

Sled,

I didn't see your reply to this, I still haven't fixed my settings. Well she has a rope that has black in it and a black bikini, a purple rope and a purple bikini but I think it was the new neopreme ski vest that was purple to tied all of those together. It is about time to get her a new bathing suit, towards fall down here you can get name brands for 1/2 price!!!!

Hey this Saturday lets all meet on the beach!!!! I am sure we will have a big bad Thunderstorm hanging around so we won't be able to ski. What is cool is on Panama City Beach (the town across the bay where it is all tourist) has several Bathing suit stores!!!! They sell nothing but bathing suits, flip flops etc. So during the fall the prices go way down! These store have womans, mens and kids, of course the womans sections takes up 80% of the store. But they are name brands like Speedo, Jansen, etc that are good quality. No I won't admit to being in there trying on flip flops during spring break and it has nothing to do with those little itty bitty changing stall doors!!!!

Well to be honest I am rather upset with that world famous restuarant right now. We had 2 of them here! One on this side of the bridge (Panama City) and the other on the other side of the bridge (Panama City Beach). Well last week as I was driving down the main road here I looked and saw the Hters place was gone!!!!! Then while driving to the Navy Base on the Other side of the bridge I noticed they moved. But for the planned excursion this saturday that is good, that means that there will be one no more than a mile from us at any time!!!

Is anybody serious about this? I haven't been to PC in 2 years. My wife loves the beach. I think Z's right about the weather though. Not sure if she'll want to get on the road after the long weekend either.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Sadly, I have been in this predicament before. Now, I carry some swim goggles, a knife and 6 feet of garden hose in the boat at all times. I've found that I can use the hose to stay under water long enough to take care of the problem, but find it very difficult to do the job if I have to keep coming up for air all the time. Good luck.