Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by zegm View Post
    OK I should ask a really important question here, ok here it is;

Doesn't everyone have their key on a "floating key ring????"
    zegm,

I guess you're right - I do have a floaty thing attached to mine. I will still throw the keys in the glove box instead of taking them in the water with me though )

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Al,

I guess working in a factories for many years I am familiar with the "lock out, tag out" procedure. As long as they aren't in the ignition then you can feel safe playing with a rope tied around one of the most powerful blenders you will ever see!

I had just dropped on Sat. and climbed back in. Went to pull the rope in and it was already caught up under the prop. It had gotten a little windy but within a minute it went from floating free benind the boat to caught up underneath. I couldn't pull it free either. I had to dive under and unhook it. No harm b/c we were shut down but that just shows how fast it can happen. This is a rope that still floats pretty good too. I may have to start the Z routine of just bringing it in every time. We can just hand the handle to the next rider then too. My almost 3 y/o son loves bringing the rope in so I might just give him the job.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I was not able to dive under the boat because the water was way too merky.

I hired the owner of my Marina to pull the back of my boat out with a backhoe.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Float on Keys: I think that is the only think my dealer "threw-in" with the purchase of my outback v. Unfortunately it has my dealers name on it.

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I I may have to start the Z routine of just bringing it in every time. We can just hand the handle to the next rider then too.
    That is something that I have got'n into the routine of doing. When we change riders it seems to take a while and the rope almost always ends up under the boat.
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

Quote Originally Posted by SEARK View Post
    That is something that I have got'n into the routine of doing. When we change riders it seems to take a while and the rope almost always ends up under the boat.
    One thing that i have started to do is to turn the nose of the boat away from the handle. Since i have started doing that i have not had a problem with the rope going under the boat.

I haven't had the pleasure yet of getting anything wrapped up in the prop. Thanks to the post I might want to add a mask and knife to the tool box.

Cab13367
    As far as the anchor done that one. I blame it on my wife since she was driving and pulling me. After she pulled me up for the 3rd time or so she just suddenly stop and said the boat wasn't handling right. We summized it was the anchor tied to the bow was causing us problems. Thank god it was a sandy bottom, as we had to drag the anchor a couple of times.

I ran over my 1st rope this weekend. I thought I had goggles, but didn't. I had a Leatherman though, cut through the rope with ease. My wife was in the water, so naturally is was her fault.

Dave

Absolutely! Her fault. Couldn't agree more. Closed case.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!