Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Strange thing:

My teakplatform of my 2007 LSV cant be taken off. If i have to remove my platform i have to take the screws out that connect the plaform to the mount. If i disconnect the fastners i cant slide the platform up because of the hoisting eyes that are above them.

Just came across this thread.

Last weekend, my swim platform came off as well ('07 LSV). I took the boat out in the morning, parked in a dock for a few hours, and then went out again. In the afternoon my daughter asks me what happened the the swim platofrm. I go back to check it out and it's completely gone!

As you can imagine, I was not too happy, and called my dealer to have it replaced under warranty. Whoever designed those pins obviously didn't think it through. I haven't heard an answer yet from my dealer if they will cover it, but if they don't I am going to throw a fit. What scares me most is the liability here, what if another boat or a skier hits a platform floating around the lake?

I think Moomba needs to really work on their swim platform attachment design. Just walking through the dealer the other day I would grab the platforms on the new Moomba's and they have too much play! Supra's were loose as well, obviously.

I noticed today that the port-side mounting bracket has caused some stress cracks in the gel coat below the mount. One extends horizontally several inches toward the outside of the boat. What would cause this? What is the solution to the cause? What is the fix for the hairline cracks in the gelcoat?

Last edited by Chris_B; 08-16-2008 at 11:06 PM. Reason: added photo

Quote Originally Posted by njwlog View Post
    Just came across this thread.

Last weekend, my swim platform came off as well ('07 LSV). I took the boat out in the morning, parked in a dock for a few hours, and then went out again. In the afternoon my daughter asks me what happened the the swim platofrm. I go back to check it out and it's completely gone!

As you can imagine, I was not too happy, and called my dealer to have it replaced under warranty. Whoever designed those pins obviously didn't think it through. I haven't heard an answer yet from my dealer if they will cover it, but if they don't I am going to throw a fit. What scares me most is the liability here, what if another boat or a skier hits a platform floating around the lake?

we lost ours yesterday too!!!! our boat is not under warranty anymore though

anybody have a site thats sells them?

You guys have me concerned, so I checked the fit of the pins on my platform, and they are snug. The spring keeps the rotating end of the pin at a 90 degree angle and flush against the bracket so it should not come off.

So how is everyone losing their platforms? Is the pin shearing? Is it somehow coming off? Did your pin have the spring still attached? I guess it would be impossible to know since the platform as well as the pins are gone.

I'm just trying to figure out what the cause is so that I can take preventative action.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks,

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    Oh, I forgot to mention... After pulling the boat out of the water on Sunday I noticed that all of the bolts were out of the wake plate (where the plate attaches to the hydrolics). The guy that put the drain plug in the boat said that he noticed they were missing when he put in the plug in earlier that day (great to have non-boaters along, eh?).

Has anyone else had this problem? I noticed the plastic on the hydrolics is threaded, but I'm thinking of going with longer bolts this time and using lock-nuts on them from the back. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks everyone for the input.

Tyger,

Your proposed fix should be just fine. On one of the 4 on mine, the plastic thread is stripped so it never snugs up. I'm keeping an eye on it but I will probably due the same as you at some point.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

My dealer told me that they were aware of other situations where if the boat is sitting in the water in relatively rough conditions (in a dock), the action of the chop hitting the swim step can gradually work the pin out. I am guessing that is what happened in my case. My boat is normally on a lift, but I left it in the dock in the water overnight, so the day and half or so of sitting in choppy water probably loosened the pins. Either way, the safety pin holding the pins in place should not fall out that easily.

I ditched the original crappy supra/moomba designed pins after shearing 4 in 2 trips and not able to purchase replacements from the dealer. found 2 of the 4 laying in the bottom of the lake when docked(gotta love kids snorkeling with lots of free time), and all broke at the pivot point, very weak. they told me that they don't stock them anymore due to a poor design and are only selling the ones listed in the very first post. they were out(supra/moomba owners bought them out over the last week), so went to homedepot and bought 4 for less than 10bucks. have not had an issue with one yet. incidentally, that design is the same one used on malibus, mastercrafts and centurions. sometimes the wheel doesn't need re-invented.

Quote Originally Posted by th3godf4th3r View Post
    we lost ours yesterday too!!!! our boat is not under warranty anymore though

anybody have a site thats sells them?

any body know somewhere i can get a new one?