Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dtlaine View Post
    Wouldn't a prop that has a better holeshot make it so you use less fuel? I notice when I have 1200 lbs of ballast and 5 adults I go through a ton of fuel, and I think that's because the driver has to hold it WOT for so long to get on plane and up to the desired speed. I was told by my dealer that I should get that 14x14.5 prop to save fuel. Anyone else heard that?
    dt,

If you are running fully loaded all the time, you will get better mpg with the correct prop (i.e., the wakeboard prop) because your engine is operating more efficiently (not working as hard). But at light loads, you would burn more fuel because a prop with more pitch will do the same job at fewer rpms.

That is my understanding anyway.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Cab--
    That is exactly what I have. I need to get the number from aqua. I really need to talk to the prop guy before I shell out another $500.00 bucks. Thanks for your help. I found the member that posted about the custom tanks. In his post, he said that the cost was $125.00 per tank. I had asked for the guys information and some pictures.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic View Post
    I would call and talk with Karl at boarditup.com. He is the guy I bought my first prop from. Aqua
    Cab--
    Is this the guy you talked too?
    Mark
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings

Tazz,

No worries, and good luck. I typically go out with just a few people, or another couple with a couple small kids so I have not run into any performance issues yet. Once I do, I will probably have to get another prop as well.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by tazz3069 View Post
    Cab--
    Is this the guy you talked too?
    Mark
    Yes, that's him.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    dt,

If you are running fully loaded all the time, you will get better mpg with the correct prop (i.e., the wakeboard prop) because your engine is operating more efficiently (not working as hard). But at light loads, you would burn more fuel because a prop with more pitch will do the same job at fewer rpms.

That is my understanding anyway.

Al
    That makes sense. I'm typically putting around the lake looking at houses or wakeboarding, so I think the wakeboard prop would be a good investment. I don't often do 30-40 MPH cruises across the lake or down a river.

Thank you,

Payson , Arizona/Arvada , Colorado/Montana

Default New prop for my 05 lsv

Well I needed to get another prop for the boat and this altitude. I inquired to OJ and Acme and recieved responses from both companies. Acme recommended the 537 and I purchased it . I replaced the oem oj 13.7 x 17.5 which I will get repaired and keep for lower elevation when I travel. What a difference the Acme made. Silky smooth , outstanding hole shot with 2 350LB sacks in the back , 3 people on board and mile high elevation . My buddy runs the same prop on his Tige z boat and likes it. I guess it depends on where you run your boat at and how loaded it is. I also for got to state that I have an indmar assalt 325hp engine. Jim.

I just upgraded my two rear sacks from #400 to #750. Using one #750 in the rear provides a great surf wake. After I got the new bags, we messed around with the #400s placing them on the side seat and in the bow.

When we switched to wakeboarding, I simply filled the rear starboard #750 and off we went. Well, almost. My boat has a good holeshot, but even with only two people in the boat, #2700 of ballast makes the boat take forever to get on plane.

I decided that #750 is great for surfing, but for wakeboarding I need to back off to #600 or so. This allows the boat to quickly plane out without changing the prop. Altitude is something you can't control, but if you have more people, make sure you reduce your ballast and space them out so that the rear isn't over-loaded.
    -ryan
    '10 Wakesetter LSV

Just talked with the guys at www.borditup.com. Very nice people. I will be ordering my new prop tonight.

Which one are you getting?
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV