Default Stargazer PP on order

I'm finally joining the Perfect Pass club with my 97 outback - just ordered the new GPS Stargazer PP wake edition. Can't wait to get it in.

Anybody else running the stargazer? How do you like it?

Burke
    07 Supra 21v

Burke--
    I just ordered mine last week. I have not recieved it yet. Can hardley wait to get it.
    Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

I too want this upgrade, however, I have to buy the new gauge in additon to the brain. This sucks because there is NOTHING wrong with my current gauge. The viewing screen is a single line read out verse the slightly larger screen. I thought I would sell my current gauge to someone who wants digital wakeboard pro version and does not have PP and wants PP. It will help some one out there.

Aqua
    2005 Moomba 23 XLV
    340 HP, Clarion 5 HU, 2 Clarion wired digital remotes, 2 Wetsounds 485's, 6 Wetsounds XS 650's, 1 JL 12w6 Sub, 1 Wetsound WS420, 2 JL 300/2amps, 1 Wetsounds Sync 4 amp, 1 JL 500/1 amp. Teak swim platform, Perfect pass. Flip up Bow Light, Chrome tower Nav Light, Chrome thru hulls, Black Bimini, 2 750 Flyhigh bags, 1100 center Flyhigh bag, Acme 1235 14.25 x 14.5 prop, Dual battery system. Evolution Cover. Chrome Blower Vent Covers.

Aqua--
    I had ordered the whole bowl of wax. $1049.00 delivered. I should get it Monday or Tuesday FedEx. I hope I get to install it this week and try it this coming weekend.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings

I've been running a stargazer for a while. It's not the wake edition, but from what I have read it uses the gps to calibrate the paddle wheel. I guess they don't work exactly the same, but it's been great.

So is that the only difference between the standard (Wakeboard Pro) PP and the Stargazer, is that the Stargazer suns of GPS so you know the speed is right?

I just calibrated mine with a gps yesterday and it took all of 5 minutes (it was reading 1.5 mph slow). Not sure it's worth a grand for the Stargazer if you already have the Wakeboard Pro?? Hopefully there are other improvements such as an intuitive interface.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Cab--
    My boat did not have anything in it. Just the two speedos.

That's the main difference. The display is supposedly different (has temp on the main screen for example). You can upgrade for less than 1k, but I forget how much.

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    So is that the only difference between the standard (Wakeboard Pro) PP and the Stargazer, is that the Stargazer suns of GPS so you know the speed is right?

I just calibrated mine with a gps yesterday and it took all of 5 minutes (it was reading 1.5 mph slow). Not sure it's worth a grand for the Stargazer if you already have the Wakeboard Pro?? Hopefully there are other improvements such as an intuitive interface.

Al

Quote Originally Posted by tazz3069 View Post
    Cab--
    My boat did not have anything in it. Just the two speedos.
    Tazz,

That makes sense - if you didn't have PP before, you might as well buy the new model.

Let us know how you like it.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

It should come in today. I will let you know how it goes.
    Tazz