Default Getting more Air

Ok so I need to get some more air coming off the wake. Right now I have a 08 outback V and I ride at about 20 MPH with a 65 foot rope. I have the wake plate all the way down and have not got the courage to fill the center ballets. Anyone have some good tips for getting some more air but without trying to kill myself?

Spend so time and get a personal wakeboard lesson. It will be your best option and I bet you will want more.

Aqua
    2005 Moomba 23 XLV
    340 HP, Clarion 5 HU, 2 Clarion wired digital remotes, 2 Wetsounds 485's, 6 Wetsounds XS 650's, 1 JL 12w6 Sub, 1 Wetsound WS420, 2 JL 300/2amps, 1 Wetsounds Sync 4 amp, 1 JL 500/1 amp. Teak swim platform, Perfect pass. Flip up Bow Light, Chrome tower Nav Light, Chrome thru hulls, Black Bimini, 2 750 Flyhigh bags, 1100 center Flyhigh bag, Acme 1235 14.25 x 14.5 prop, Dual battery system. Evolution Cover. Chrome Blower Vent Covers.

Good point from Aqua. I need the same myself!

fill up the ballast and get the wake great. THEN, work on form and take short approaches to the wake and work your way up. I have found that you can get good air even on a shorter approach.....you'll feel the pop when you get it right.
    I am no expert...wait, I am not even an intermediate... I am just a late 30's guy who just started a couple of years ago and am trying to have fun....

If you can't get someone for a lesson, look into the BOOK DVD or Shaun Murray's detention 2012.

Start slow and work your way up... I have to get the courage to jump with a little more speed myself. work on approaching the wake with a progressive edge (edging harder as you approach the wake) My biggest fault is starting wide charging and then letting off the edge at the wake....kills the whole thing...
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

I think i will pick up a DVD. My problem is not with the speed getting to the wake it is getting a pop off the wake. I use to slalom so I go out far and cut back in with a lot of speed. I was also thinking I might have too much speed across the wake.

You dont need to charge at the wake, cuz if you do get good pop, ull be landing way out in the flats. 2 Things to remember is too edge through the wake, and stand tall as you hit it. You will notice a difference. I sometimes will only edge half the way out and then edge hard at the wake, this will help in keeping your speed down, but also creating enough tension to help pop you straight up and land perfectly on the other side of the wake.
    07 Moomba Outback

"the book" dvd series is an excellent instructional video set. 5 disc set covers from the very beginning of learning to board all the way to pro level stuff.

Thank you for the advice. I played with the wake plate this last week and wow I got alot more pop off the wake. Now i just need to stop landing on my head.

I should have the same boat as you do and here is our setup for wakeboarding.

Rear sacs: 400 LBS (FULL) per side 800 total
    Front Locker: 450 LBS (FULL)
    Wakeplate all the way down.
    Speed 21 MPH
    Rope lenght anywhere from 55 to 70 wake is beautiful at all lengths.

I ride at the 70' mark and the wake is unbelievable. I will try and post some pics. I am landing about 10 feet out into the flats when really charging the wake. Backrolls and Tantrums are super easy down at the 55' mark, landings are anywhere from right on the wake to 8+ feet out.

Here is a video from a year ago. Pause the video for the wake shots....http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q...edbackroll.flv
    Last edited by JesseC; 07-07-2008 at 04:11 PM.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

I dont have the rear sacks. I did fill my center one and it also helps. I will watch the video tonight when i am home from work. When i did change the wake plate i was able to pull off a smoth 180. Most of the time they look rushed.

One thing that makes a huge difference is how you edge into and through the wake. Standing tall as you come up and off the wake is key. Think about trying to break your board over the top of the wake. So as you are coming up it, push the board down into the wake, standing tall. You should notice a big difference when you do this.
    07 Supra 21v