Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default mobius vs mobius lsv

I've narrowed my search to Moomba and know I'm down to mobius vs mobius lsv. Want a great wakeboard wake but I don't want to give up a good salom wake. I am upgrading to this boat form a 92 MC. Any and all opinions are appreciated.

I bought an '03 Mobius d-drive new several months ago and if you're looking for a compromise between ski and wake I definitely think it's the way to go. I haven't used anything but the factory ballast system yet and I'm pretty impressed with the wake. If I had it to do over again I'd probably opt for the hydraulic wake plate and perfect pass, but other than that I love the boat. At slalom speeds the wake is pretty flat.

Next season, I plan on getting a couple of fat sacks to put on both sides of the motor and fill it full of people. I imagine the wake will be great.

Unless you're set on getting a '04 you could probably steal an '03 if you could find it on the showroom floor.

I would go with the V. I bought a 2001 Mobius thinking the same way. Well it helped that they had a yellow Mobius on the showroom floor and the price difference also helped move me to the Mobius. Anyway here it is almost 2004 and I am working the wife for a new V-drive. I would highly recommend the hydro wakeplate if you are at all concerned with a salom wake. If you get the boat and you find yourself folding the tower to get in a garage or something check out www.wakezone.biz/towerjack.htm
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit!...what a ride!

I've been kicking around the thought of a v myself, but only because I'm a lot more wakeboard oriented and don't do much slalom. Then I start thinking about the price difference and figure I'll keep the boat I have for a while.

Default Mobius vs "Mobius LSV"

We were looking at the same boat and went with the LSV. it is the same boat i'm told by the dealer but comes standard with the tower, balast and hydro plate. Best bang for the buck if your doing both ski and wakeboarding.
    Shawn

I don't know about bang for you buck. I bought my Mobius d-drive with the gravity games package. Tower, ballast etc. for under 29K. For that money, I think I got a great deal on an all around boat that does everything very well.

Default 29K

Lowdrag, You picked up your V-Drive for under 30K? I'm looking at the LSV with some options and under 30K sounds like a great deal. I wish I was closer to that price!
    BlueMoomba

Thanks for the comments. I just ordered my '04 LSV yesterday. I had a chance to drive one and for an all around boat for those of us who lean toward wakeboarding the LSV is a great option. I added the wakeplate, three bag ballast and Perfect pass.

Now the hard part, waiting for spring!

Congrats Wakeboard Dad!

I am going down on Saturday to place an order on a "Mobius LSV". What kind of options did you go with, other than what you have already listed?
    BlueMoomba

Thanks Shawn. I also added heater, pop up cleats, wakeboard racks and tower speakers. I think I may upset some of my older neighbors on the lake but hey you only live once.

I can't wait. This is going to be one long winter!