Thread: oil drain line

Default oil drain line

Heh i just bought an outback v and i am at 12 hours. my dealer is far and i am going to do the first oil change, i am having trouble finding the drain line. can anyone give me some hints on where to look

Mine was clipped to the hoisting log on the rear top side of the engine. Look for a clip holding it.

It should have something that looks like shower curtain ring on the end hooked in to engine lifting bracket.
    Let's ride
    07 FoilTech Hydrofoil

Quote Originally Posted by FoilTechHydrofoiler View Post
    It should have something that looks like shower curtain ring on the end hooked in to engine lifting bracket.
    Cool.

So you pump the oil out of that line?

My dealer said they pump it out from the dip-stick.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

I have the 02 LSV which is similar to our boat. I pull it back out through the dipstick tube while the oil is hot. Takes a while, but there is no mess.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

modogg11, One bit of caution I might throw at you... On the first 20 hr service I am told its pretty important to check alingmentof the engine ect. As things settel and shift this can drift off a bit. I am doing all my owne oil ect, but was told this check was pretty important.... I had the dealer do my first service. I'm 5 hours one way.

On the where I tryed the dip stick and prefer the oil drain line attached to the clip/ them finish by sucking anything you can out of the dip stick(didnt get much there)

aintsk,

That is if you have a dealer that knows what engine aligment is!!!! Not saying anything else!