Default Flush Kit 08 Outback

I ordered and installed a flush kit from skidim (Helpful people there). The install took about 30-40 minutes with a few simple tools. DIY will allow you to mount it where you would like, but there are space constraints. I run my boat in 'brackish' water sometimes, so this is much easier than using a fak-a-lake. The kit was around $60 shipped, so it is cheaper than the factory option if you don't mind a little project.
    Attached Images Attached Images

are you happy with that kit? which size did you buy? thanks

I am very happy with the kit, it is much better than crawling under a wet boat to hook up the Fake-a-lake. 1.25" is the size kit. If you order at skidim.com, just talk to the guys there and tell them your boat and model,they seem to know what you need.

A sharp razor knife (cutting hose in 2 places), screw driver (for the clamps), and wire cutters (wire inside stock hose) are the tools that you need.

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower220 View Post
    (wire inside stock hose) .
    They really installed wires in the water hose?

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    They really installed wires in the water hose?
    I would assume that he is talking about the reinforcement wires that are imbedded between the two layers of the hose. This keeps the hose from collapsing when under suction.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Ahh ok I know what wires he is talking about now. For some reason I was thinking a pump wire or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by JesseC View Post
    I would assume that he is talking about the reinforcement wires that are imbedded between the two layers of the hose. This keeps the hose from collapsing when under suction.
    Indeed, reinforcement wires. They are thicker than I had thought they would be, hence wire cutters.