Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pics of my dad slaloming; after a 10 year hiatus...

Since we've bought the Outback my dad has been gradually getting back into the swing of things. He is still riding on his old (and crusty?) ski that is now too small for him, and definately in need of an upgrade.

^^Notice the orange Mobuis in the backgroung, hehe

Pics shot with a Nikon D70, still trying to learn how to shoot from the boat, lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ian,

Up until the mid 90's EP's were the ski to have. My wife and I still have one each, and after purchasing the new radar senate (because I needed a bigger ski too) I can say that the EP's we have might just turn as good or better as my new Radar. It's just a little too short for me now! But my wife can fly through the course on hers and doesn't want a new ski, even after she tried mine. Her only comment was the boots sure feel better know.

Ian - Nice to see your dad skiing. I gotta chuckle on that last pic with his cheeks puffin'. I know how he feels! - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Shoot, I get puffin' after about 30 sec. anymore. I remember the EP's from the mid-80's -- great skis -- for back when I was a skinny guy.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Is that an EP comp X-2? I skied on that one for 10 years! Great ski. The Comp 1 was a good ski as well. Brings back the memories. They were the industry leader for a long time.

Wayne Grimditch was the man!

I had to dig up some pics of my Comp X-2.

First one is from '78. Poor form,I know! But I did not fall.

Second is from McCormick's Ski School in 1980. Late on the buoy at 22 off. I was only 18,
    and had zero slalom course experience. I went from top dog on my lake to the bottom rung at McCormick's. Lucky Lowe was there and so was Ricky McCormick. I also saw Bob LaPoint break the slalom record with a run of 3 @ 39 1/2 before I even started my 5 weeks of skiing.
    Did I feel small next to him. ha

Last pic is of the EP Stilleto I used after the Comp X-2. A very good ski at the time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SkiBoy; 06-27-2008 at 04:03 PM.

Sled491 Guest

Skiboy, I wouldn't worry too much about the form, it's the shorts I'd worry about LOL!

My wife has the EP Stiletto now that she bought in 1996 and she swears by it!

Quote Originally Posted by zegm View Post
    My wife has the EP Stiletto now that she bought in 1996 and she swears by it!
    Zegm, I was looking at the Radar Senate recently. What is your read on that ski? My ski partner recently bought the top end Radar (forget the letters/name) and it's pretty squirly. I was thinking that the Radar would be about right for me. I'm just trying to get my first complete pass at 30mpg. What are your thoughts? Thanks.

I really like the Radar Senate, I used to not like anything that said O'brien on it because I felt like they were squirelly, but to be honest this is from my impression of trying them in the 80's. The EP's always felt like they were on rails so I wasn't so sure what to expect and decided EP is gone I have to find a new ski so with that said. The Senate feels really good and planted! I goes where I want it to go!!! I put HO boots on it and wow they feel good too!

Ian looks like your makeing your Dad ski on a wakeboard rope. Question for you or any photogs on the D70 how do you like it?. My wife wants a DSLR ,she is tired of the crappy pics from 350 dollar casio and used to shoot with a slr and wants better pics.
    CS