Thread: 2008 Outback

Hybrid View

Default 2008 Outback

Hi all,

I have been reading posts on this board for a few weeks, ever since I ordered a 2008 Outback. This forum is great, I have found many good tips and suggestions. The boat is scheduled to be finished at the factory on Monday, 6/30, and I can't contain myself any longer!

I went with color pattern E (black main panel, regal red accent, platinum base), appearance package (black), oval graphic, tower, tower mirror, wake plate, stereo package E, bow cushion, jump seat, cockpit & tonneau cover, depth gauge, heater and flush kit.

I noticed in a few posts that folks were able to get pictures of their boat from Skiers Choice while it was at the factory. Any idea how I could inquire about this? If any of the Mods are able to help, my DC order # is 10053144.

Looking forward to delivery, getting it home and having a beer in it in the garage, and then cruising around the lake for the break-in!

All I did was called the factory and asked, very easy. The phone number is 1-800-320-2779. When you call just tell them that your boat is currently being built, and you wanted to check the status and see if you could possibly get a few pictures. They will transfer you to a customer service or sales person and make it happen.

I know the feeling about waiting for your boat to be built, it was the longest 2 1/2 months of my life! Believe me, when you get your boat you'll be glad you waited for exactly what you wanted. We did the exact same thing, and I couldn't be happier. Hell, our boat is exactly 1 month old and already has 25+ hours!

It sounds like you got yours pretty loaded up, be sure to post pics!

Elf - Does it look something like this? My '07 Outback. Black hull, red accent, and platinum deck (hidden under cover). Sorry that I don't have other pics. Have discovered that I can't upload most of my pictures because of the resolution. Anyway, it's a great boat. You made a wise choice. Congratulations! - Deerfield
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by deerfield; 06-25-2008 at 11:18 PM.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

That's the color combo, thanks Deerfield! I would love to see any additional pictures you have of your boat. If you can't post them, I'll send you a PM with my email.

Ian, thanks for the factory number. I'll give them a ring today. Oh and don't worry, I'll be competing with you for quantity of pictures of the new boat!

I wish I went with that same combo but was limited to what my dealer had in stock. He also had a Blue/Yellow/White in stock. Yikes!
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Elf - Pic of our '07 Outback. Only one of the boat uncovered that will load on the BB. Black, red, and platinum. Same thing you ordered - only yours will be NEW! - Deerfield
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Absolutely stunning!
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.