Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Outback

Default 2008 Outback

Hi all,

I have been reading posts on this board for a few weeks, ever since I ordered a 2008 Outback. This forum is great, I have found many good tips and suggestions. The boat is scheduled to be finished at the factory on Monday, 6/30, and I can't contain myself any longer!

I went with color pattern E (black main panel, regal red accent, platinum base), appearance package (black), oval graphic, tower, tower mirror, wake plate, stereo package E, bow cushion, jump seat, cockpit & tonneau cover, depth gauge, heater and flush kit.

I noticed in a few posts that folks were able to get pictures of their boat from Skiers Choice while it was at the factory. Any idea how I could inquire about this? If any of the Mods are able to help, my DC order # is 10053144.

Looking forward to delivery, getting it home and having a beer in it in the garage, and then cruising around the lake for the break-in!

All I did was called the factory and asked, very easy. The phone number is 1-800-320-2779. When you call just tell them that your boat is currently being built, and you wanted to check the status and see if you could possibly get a few pictures. They will transfer you to a customer service or sales person and make it happen.

I know the feeling about waiting for your boat to be built, it was the longest 2 1/2 months of my life! Believe me, when you get your boat you'll be glad you waited for exactly what you wanted. We did the exact same thing, and I couldn't be happier. Hell, our boat is exactly 1 month old and already has 25+ hours!

It sounds like you got yours pretty loaded up, be sure to post pics!

Elf - Does it look something like this? My '07 Outback. Black hull, red accent, and platinum deck (hidden under cover). Sorry that I don't have other pics. Have discovered that I can't upload most of my pictures because of the resolution. Anyway, it's a great boat. You made a wise choice. Congratulations! - Deerfield
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by deerfield; 06-25-2008 at 11:18 PM.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

That's the color combo, thanks Deerfield! I would love to see any additional pictures you have of your boat. If you can't post them, I'll send you a PM with my email.

Ian, thanks for the factory number. I'll give them a ring today. Oh and don't worry, I'll be competing with you for quantity of pictures of the new boat!

I wish I went with that same combo but was limited to what my dealer had in stock. He also had a Blue/Yellow/White in stock. Yikes!
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Elf - Pic of our '07 Outback. Only one of the boat uncovered that will load on the BB. Black, red, and platinum. Same thing you ordered - only yours will be NEW! - Deerfield
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Absolutely stunning!
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Thanks Deerfield for the additional picture. I am scheduled to pick mine up next Thursday, so I will be staring at your boat for the next six days!

Elf - You are welcome. - Deerfield

Elf and Goose - Here's the story behind the colors. We went to the Janaury 2007 boat show and ordered our Outback with several options. Among the things we considered was the choice of colors. Decided to pay the extra for the upgraded color pattern. Signed the papers and made the down payment. Boat arrives and the dealer calls us to pick it up. We see it for the first time and I'm thinking, "This is not what we ordered." I was right. The order form we signed called for red hull, black accent, and platinum deck (just like Goose's boat). The dealer made a mistake when it placed the order with the factory, reversing the pattern and making the hull black and accent red as you see in the picture. I expressed my dissapointment to the manager. Hard to imagine his having made this mistake on such a fundamental part of the order. Like paying for a blue car and the dealer delivering in orange. On the other hand, we really liked what we saw sitting on the trailer there on the shop floor. I mean, we really liked it. Had to admit the dealer's mistake was to our benefit. Would not want anyone's color order messed up, but in this case everyone was able to smile. - Deerfield
    Last edited by deerfield; 06-27-2008 at 02:50 PM.
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

I went back and forth on accent vs. base as well. I spent countless hours messing around with the colorizier. My wife grew tired of me following her around with the laptop and aksing: "What about this one?... What about this one?" Finally she said: "Will you just order the $#% thing already?!?!?!" I guess my obnoxious pestering paid off.
    2008 Outback