Hybrid View

Default aux input on kenwood stereo

we were sitting the the boat tonight talking about our upcoming trip to lake powell. My daughter had her ipod and wanted to hear her music. we plugged into the aux input and pressed the source button, but the unit would cycle between tuner, CD, and standby.

i thought that we only needed to cycle through the sources, should i do something else? is my input bad?

we also tried an mp3 player and 2 separate cords. both worked in other units.

I can't remember exactly how to do it as I dont have the book with me, but you have to get into the menu and turn on the aux input. Its very simple to do, it will tell you how to do it in the book. Sorry I cannot give you the exact steps. Someone may chime in with the steps, I'll be at the boat next week, if you still need the steps then I will look them up and post the steps for you.
    Mark Miller
    2010 Moomba LSV
    2008 Moomba LSV - sold

I was under the impression you need to buy a kenwood adapter to plug into the back of the deck to connect an ipod.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Quote Originally Posted by deafgoose View Post
    I was under the impression you need to buy a kenwood adapter to plug into the back of the deck to connect an ipod.
    Thats true if you want to be able to control the ipod with the head unit or your remotes. But if you just want to use it to play music, you can use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cord to connect the ipod to the input on the front of the head unit.
    Mark Miller
    2010 Moomba LSV
    2008 Moomba LSV - sold

i may not have been reading the book enough, i thought it said to simply scroll through the source button until the AUX comes on. i did not understand that i had to turn on the AUX separate.

will try some more tonight.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yearround View Post
    i may not have been reading the book enough, i thought it said to simply scroll through the source button until the AUX comes on. i did not understand that i had to turn on the AUX separate.

will try some more tonight.

thanks
    You will only have to turn the Aux Input on once. Once you do it it will be come one of the "SRC" options.