Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Atlanta reunion ?

anybody live on the lake i was just wondering how the water level is doing--will be at shoal creek campground in 2weeks. anything to watch out for?

thanks

stacy
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I'm interested in any reply to this one too.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

According to GA Power, the overall lake level for Lanier is down 14+ feet. I'm not very familiar with the lake, so I don't know any local specifics for the Shoal Creek area.

http://lakes.southernco.com/

Tim is going to hate me for this but Lanier is a big wide open lake with hundreds of 500k plus homes on it. It was never a good ski lake because of the big boat wakes and the wind getting at it. I really wished they it was going to be at lake acworth. This is the lake where they have wakeboard events and boat races. It is a closed lake so maybe the city of Acworth didn't have an opening or something like that. Lanier is so big and wide that the low water levels are not going to cause too much of an issue!

Tim would not set up a place where you couldn't use the ramps, and unlike Florida lakes these lakes can be lowered or raised at will so they can lower the lakes to make them long. It is also for this reason that they have to be soooo long due to the fact they fluctuate so much.

my big concern was the ramps, 2 yrs ago we stayed at old federal campground and there ramp was unusable-lucky there was another ramp 2 miles up the road that was good.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

The lake is very low but we were out on it yesterday and it is still safe to boat on. Unfortunitly I will not be able to be there because I will be getting married on the 12th.

SJTLMT, CONGRATULATIONS! It's our 15th anniversary today. So, my advice, if I were you, is:
    Tell her you can't make it because you have to go to the jamboree. HA HA. Just kidding.
    OUCH! (Didn't hear her come up behind me.)
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Kane 15th--congrats
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

Thanks very mush! It's been a long road and a lot of hard work. But enough about her, let's talk about me. Oops! There's the frying pan again.

Maybe it will rain the weekend we are all there and get the lake levels up a bit.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!