Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How fast should an '07 mobius lsv be?

At the end of last year, I bought an '07 mobius lsv. I just got done with the break-in period and gave it the juice. I am only able to get about 38 mph out of it. Don't get me wrong, I didn't anticipate rocketing down the river but I thought I should at least get 43 or 44 mph or was I wrong. My concern is that when I slalom, I may not have enough speed. Let me know what you can get out of yours.

36-38 mph thats about where mine runs, I have recalibrated the speedo with a gps. I have wake board prop on and I am at 5500 feet in elevation. I pull skiers and they are good with it. I think it will still run 36-38 with lots of people and a skier. Its mostly about the hull design. I have a diffrent prop and it brought the rpms down a little and did give me a touch more speed but I lost alot of the hole shot, so went back to wake board prop.

Same here I have an 08 and gps only put it at 39 with three persons on it. I had to fight to get my insurance company to put a decent mph they wanted somthing stupid like 57 mph they said cause of the 325 horse power. they only put it at 45 God damn insurance companies suck.

My speedo said 46mph on my Outback V.

Is it even possible?
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

My 06 LSV is in the 38 range. I have wake prop too. I think stock prop is a little faster..

Deafgoose, you probably need to calibrate speedos a bit. My 04 Outback would only get about 44 with 13x13 prop..
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

I think 46 is about right for an OB V. I have my speedos calibrated via GPS, and I can usually see mid-40's.

I have an 08 lsv with wakeboard prop, i am similar to Aintskeered at high elevation, 5600.

i had been temped to try another prop, but don't want to lose the hole. thanks for the info seth.

i have not calibrated with gps, but it seems about right at top speed of 37 +/-

It's all about the prop. The 4-blade prop is shaped (pitch) diffenently than the 3-blade prop. The hole shot is more important than top-end with 8 people and 1500lbs of ballast. My 05 Mobius LS would run 45 or 46 with the stock 3-blade prop, my 08 Supra Launch 21V with the wakeboard prop, pulls harder, but will only run about 38-40mph.

Dave

Where's Joe Techie when you need him?

I have a 2002 LSV with an aftermarket 4 blade prop. Not sure what the pitch is but it must be fairly close to the stock one since the hole shot and top end have always been pretty much the same. I can get to 40 mph and that's about it, but keep in mind that I can get there with just me in the boat, 12 people in the boat, or 12 people in the boat pulling a skier. 320 HP with those "towing" props is one vicious setup.

Cool

My OBV 07 runs at at 47- 48 wot in flat water. I have the stock prop for the OBV.

my .02
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold