Default Extending the surf side ballast fill hose

All,

There have been some recent posts about extending the surf side ballast fill hose when upgrading to the 750# sac as the factory does not leave enough slack in the hose to accommodate the bigger/taller bag. I ran into the same problem.

In taking a look at the way the set up is plumbed, I discovered that by switching up the front and the rear electrical and plumbing , I am able to extend the left rear fill hose by about 12". Below are before and after pics. Took all of 5 minutes and did not require any materials.

FYI, my boat was upgraded from Gravity I to III by the dealer so the factory installed Gravity III might have been done differently.

Here are before pics of the amount of slack in the fill hose and how it was plumbed by the dealer.

The hose in the middle is the one that goes to the port side sac.

Here's are after pics after I switched out the front and port sac plumbing and electrical. The hose in the middle now goes to the front sac, and the port sac hose is now connected to the solenoid on the right ...

... which effectively adds about 12" of length to the hose.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Nice idea. Did you only put a 750 on the port side? I wish my XLV plumbing was that neat...

Quote Originally Posted by tlatoani View Post
    Nice idea. Did you only put a 750 on the port side? I wish my XLV plumbing was that neat...
    Thanks. I run a 400 lb sac in each rear locker when wakeboarding. I switch out the 400 lb sac on the port side with a 750 when surfing.

Looks like this. This is before I extended the hose.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I actually just did the same bags in my XLV. I took the fill hose out and drilled a new hole coming in from the top. It works great!

Al, i just got a 08 lsv with the gravity 3, how long does it take to fill/empty that 750lb bag? in looking at the pictures is that another fill or empty port in the front of the bag? if it takes a long time im wondering if you could get a portable tsunami pump to help speed it up--this is one of the familys biggest gripes about me surfing is the time to fill and empty.

thanks

stacy
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Al, i just got a 08 lsv with the gravity 3, how long does it take to fill/empty that 750lb bag? in looking at the pictures is that another fill or empty port in the front of the bag? if it takes a long time im wondering if you could get a portable tsunami pump to help speed it up--this is one of the familys biggest gripes about me surfing is the time to fill and empty.

thanks

stacy
    I fill them while cruising away from the marina and empting them when going back.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post

thanks

stacy
    Stacy,

Congrats on the new boat. It does take a while - around 15 minutes maybe - to fill and empty the 750# bag. The other fitting on top of the bag is a vent hole but you can certainly speed things up by filling thru that hole as well.

We typically just save surfing for last so we only fill and empty the bag once.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV