Default Speed, Wakeplate and Rope length for a 08 XLV?

I took out our 08 XLV today and we went wakeboarding for the first time. I was trying to ride at 21.8 mph with a 75 foot rope and we had 9 people in the boat and the wake seemed sooo wide. I could do tantrums behind my old i/o and today I looked like a beginner, heck I cleared the wake like once. It was the first run of the year mind you with a new boat and a new board, and was choppy as can be, so I'll blame it on that.

Anyways, what do most people find works best for wakeboarding behind these boats in terms of speed and rope length? I am going to wait for a few more hours before riding with the ballasts.

L

I'm behind an LSV, so there will be some differences...but with your beast and a full line, I wouldn't ride anything under 23, and would probably push it to 24+. If it were me, I would ride 22.5 at 70, but that's my personal 'I can clear the wake everytime TS' speed

We ride behind an '06 XLV with full ballast and the wake plate in the neutral to half down position. The ideal speed with a 75' rope is 23-24 mph. Just like with any other boat, weight distribution is huge. If you raise the wake plate too much, the wake becomes very rampy and can curl over. If you lower it too much, you will flatten the wake and wash it out. Play with the weight and your speed together. It becomes very important to balance the weight, front-to-back and side-to-side to get the most pop for your speed. After figuring out your boat, you will not regret your purchase. Good luck from Oregon City.

07 XLV at 80' 24.5mph plate halfway. my rule of thumb is ever 5 foot you drop you can drop a mph.
    75ft 23.5
    65ft 22.5