Question 03 LSV V-Drive Low Pressure Light

Went out today and the v-drive low pressure light would not go out above 1200 rpm or any rpm for that matter. I stopped and checked the v-drive fluid and it looked ok. I checked a few other things and all looked good. I decided to keep on going.

After about an hour of running, the light went off and stayed off. Anybody else had this happen to them? I had to work on the starter this week, could I have loosened a wire? Thoughts?

David

You could have bumped the wire on the oil pressure sender. Have you ever cleaned the pickup screen on the V-Drive unit? It is located behind the bottom most hose on the pump. I clean mine ever other season, you would be surprised what gets in there.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

I looked last night, but could not find the pickup screen you talked about. Do you have to drain the v-drive unit and take the hose off?

Yes. When the hose at the very bottom facing the bow is unscrewed a cylider shaped screen will come out that is attached to the back of the threaded fitting. There are also two magnetic plugs that should be pulled and cleaned. Do you have a copy of the v-drive manual? If not send me a message and I will make a copy of it and mail or fax it to you.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In