Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: YAH BAby

Yeah yesterday I wimped out when I heard the wife yelp when she got in the water and both kids were wearing their shorties!!!

Water temp Mid 70's!!! It is all of what you get used to!

I need to order that O'Neil Paddle john! Or I will just be a driver for the rest of the year!

70 too cold LOL

Wish we had that problem. However on another note YIkes Summer is gone and soon my boat will get put to sleep until spring

Bill
    Ski when the ice is gone stop when it returns.

Luckily for us getting ready for the winter usually needs to be done by mid Dec. as we only average 12 "Nights" below freezing during Jan. and Feb. That means draining the water out of the engine and sometimes sucking some anti freeze into it or putting a 100 watt light bulb in the engine compartment. Then by April we will put her back in the water. Yes living here has us spoiled as now mid 70 degree water is COLD!!! I swear I am going to order a O'Neil paddle john soon!

Water was 57 the other nigth we went out. Dry Suits are the key up in Canada. You stay dry and warm (and more limber so less chance of an injury). Throw in closed toe wakeboard boots and it's like early season snowboarding late in the fall. I figure another month till it's too late, till then, I plan to be cold but on the water!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by zegm View Post
    Yeah yesterday I wimped out when I heard the wife yelp when she got in the water and both kids were wearing their shorties!!!

Water temp Mid 70's!!! It is all of what you get used to!
    "Water in the '70's!!!"...In my current dreams!

Sept. 1, the overnight low was predicted to be zero (Celsius, 32F for the Southern folk).
    (No I'm not at the North Pole. Yes, that's well below average).
    Don't know what it was at 8 AM but I went for a long water ski (in case it was the last) and had to quit when my left hand started to freeze up. (Gotta bolt the old RTP on for dock starts this time of year). Hardest part was convincing my wife to drive when the wind chill factor likely put the temp below freezing.

Did a total clean up last night. Scratch removal, you name it. That's it for this year. Next outing...8 months...mid-May.
    '07 Outback V
    Ski|Board|Surf|Skate

Aero,
    Mobius Moment of Truth:

I gather from the thread that:
    1. You have an LS
    2. You previously skied behind an Outback
    3. Your initial impression of the wake on the LS was that it was "HUGE".
    4. Later, you reported you "got the wake FLAT".
    6. From a different thread post, appears you now ski with a fair bit of ballast, and do not have the wake plate down fully.

A. In terms of wake quality for skiing, having had a season on it now, what's your level of satisfaction?
    B. Can you confirm what ballast/plate setup you arrived at to get the wake from HUGE to FLAT?
    i. I thought lighter=better.
    ii. I also thought lifting the stern (plate down) was best for ski wake.
    C. Have you surfed behind it? If so, what setup?

I'm a skier mainly but went with the V for the open seating and overall family benefit, though I was fully aware it would have a V wake. Still irritated by that V wake. Lamenting whether the LS might have been a better choice; another thread indicates LS might be the best cross-over boat.
    '07 Outback V
    Ski|Board|Surf|Skate

Quote Originally Posted by moombabound View Post
    Aero,
    Mobius Moment of Truth:

I gather from the thread that:
    1. You have an LS
    2. You previously skied behind an Outback
    3. Your initial impression of the wake on the LS was that it was "HUGE".
    4. Later, you reported you "got the wake FLAT".
    6. From a different thread post, appears you now ski with a fair bit of ballast, and do not have the wake plate down fully.

A. In terms of wake quality for skiing, having had a season on it now, what's your level of satisfaction?
    B. Can you confirm what ballast/plate setup you arrived at to get the wake from HUGE to FLAT?
    i. I thought lighter=better.
    ii. I also thought lifting the stern (plate down) was best for ski wake.
    C. Have you surfed behind it? If so, what setup?

I'm a skier mainly but went with the V for the open seating and overall family benefit, though I was fully aware it would have a V wake. Still irritated by that V wake. Lamenting whether the LS might have been a better choice; another thread indicates LS might be the best cross-over boat.

Yes I have had people surf behind the boat went GREAT The wake is still a little big but flat enough Just need to cut through the wake better. It took a new signal so the driver can move the wake with the wakeplate. We took a long time deciding on the boat I am very happy we went with the LS I think the lsv would have been a bad choice as we all ski. Full ballast for Surf and a lot of people in the back
    So when we ski about 1/3 ballast and full up front to flatten out the wake Boat rides level Wake plate down 3/4 or so for me full for my daughter 15off. I also slowed down my speed to 27mph but I think my speedo is off as it was 9mph slower then my gps said I was going so was the perfect pass btw. I LOVE MY LS and am glad we did not go for the V drive.

Loved skiing behind our outback but I think the outback V and the LS are about the same.

Look at the last ski photos and you can see I had a GREAT SKI for about 2-3 miles.

Might be the last Rainbow of the year
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is a nice pic. Now is that frost on your cover? If so that must be sad to wake up too in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    That is a nice pic. Now is that frost on your cover? If so that must be sad to wake up too in the morning.
    No that is water from the rain that just passed had some frost three days ago however not a hrd frost so I will be out on Sunday to ski and then Tuesday.