Default Flattening the Wake

I ski behind a 2003 Outback. The wake is very good, however, this is a slight "hump" at the center line (between the wakes). I have considered adding a trim tab in an effort to lessen or remove the hump. I have also considered having the existing tab on the bottom of the stern deflected down a little instead of installing the trim tab.

Any comments on whether this will work or any other solutions to the "hump" would be appreciated.

I have a 2001 Outback with a factory hydraulic wakeplate. At slalom speeds it definately helps flatten the wake. Is it possible for your dealer to give you a demo ride in a boat like yours that has the wakeplate, so you can compare?

Brian

Default Hump

I too have noticed the hump in the center. At 15 off and at about 30 MPH. By the end of the season i was starting to ski closer to 34 MPH and noticed that hump got smaller. What speed do you normally ski at?

Default Hump

I have an 03 Outback and ski at 15' off. I noticed the hump early in the season when i was skiing at 28-30 MPH. As i sped up later in the season the hump lessened at around 32-36.
    Love the water!!!