Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Angry Perfect pass problems

Hey I have a 2008 Moomba Mobius LSV with a perfect pass, wakeplate, with 3ballast bag setup. I had a problem with the perfect pass and left ballast bag right as I brought it home. The screen was blank from the start. Then about five hours into the boat it came on and worked fine. Then the screen would disappear and still work. During this time the left ballast bag would only fill and never drain. Then it would come back on and right before I wanted to bring the boat for my 20 hour service and it stopped working all together. The dealer is an hour away so its a little annoying to drive but the closest to me and best deal on a wakeboard boat. The dealer's kid 23 worked on it and told me that the wires were zip tied to tight and that both problems seemed to be caused by this. He re-wired the harnesses and told me mooba and perfect pass would not pay for a lake test, but he was confident that he had the problem fixed. 2 boat hours later of everything working correctly and again no noise from the left ballast bag pump and the screen is blank again.
    Anyone having similar problems or ideas, its aggrivating especially cause summer, new $$ boat, and hour drive.

I noticed that my perfect pass stopped working this weekend. Basically it tries to turn on when the boat is started, then it's like it shorts out and starts a high pitched alarm shrieking sound and the screen is blank. Since I'm getting used to having to fix things on my BRAND NEW 08 Outback V, I crawled under the dash and found the main control module for the perfect pass. After trying to push the plastic connectors in further it finally started working. Now it starts shrieking every once and a while and then I reach under and push on it and it starts to work again. It's like this boat was put together by kids and crazy glue. Maybe I'll need to start carrying duct tape around with me!
    if there's daylight, I'd better be boardin'!!

I feel your pain. I have had several things break on my new 2008 Outback V also. One was the PP system. Duct tape is always good to have around.

how did they fix the PP system? I have the wakeboard pro model and i've actually NEVER even used it for boarding yet (the ice just melted off some of our lakes!!). it just started screaming at me yesterday and after pushing the wires in and moving it around it started working again. it's like these boats aren't inspected before and after shipping to the dealers. makes me wonder if bigger names like Mastercraft and Tige have so many problems?
    if there's daylight, I'd better be boardin'!!

I had the same problem w/my 06 Outback V. I ended up shipping the module off to perfect pass to have them test it. It tested good and they were stumped b/c when I got the module back I plugged it all back up and it started working. PP told me it was probably a relay that was stuck and got jared back loose in shipping.

With my PP system they replaced the computer unit. It was about a 5 min change out with just a few connections and a few screws. I have not had a problem with it since and hopping to never have another problem with it.

i also had a perfect pass problem in my new lsv this year. it basically quit working after 13 hours. the dealer took care of it, but apparantly there is a common problem with new systems installed at skiers choice. not exactly sure what the problem was, but some kind of module was ordered to correct the problem. i got lucky with getting that module - i was told that there was a 30 day backorder on them because it was such a common problem.

Sled491 Guest

I've had my PP worked on 3 times by my dealer on my 07 with 45 hrs on it. Somebody some where is not doing there job.

The more I read about PP on these boards, the happier I am without it!
    We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion.

Yep Love the boat 08 LS and today Pp went blank at 8.5 hours on the boat Guess it is another in a long list of things that should be done at the 20 hour mark However though because I am going a long way away next week I am thinking I should get it all done at the ten hour mark? Thoughts? I did ask at the dealer if the PP had the latest flash update and was told Yes.
    Ski when the ice is gone stop when it returns.